Reverse stop.

MattMe

So this weekend I finally changed my 'box and clutch. Wow - it took a lot longer than expected. I've not really done any proper work on the 350 yet so even jacking it up and being comfortable about the axle stands took a while.

I got it all done, eventually but now I have a couple of problems. I'm not sure how many people have done this but if anyone's got any ideas please let me know.

I have no reverse stop :headhurt: so changing into 6th is quite an arse-tightening process at the minute as reverse is so dangerously close. I'm guessing it's something to do with how we put the linkage back together but by 3am ( :drunk: ) I wasn't about to start taking it to pieces again. Any ideas what I might have missed?

I also get the feeling my flywheel is on the way out because when I'm sat low revs on the biting point I get a bit of a judder. That sound like a flywheel? Before I put the 'box back on it seemed to be prung when turned clockwise but not anti-clockwise. If that makes any sense?

Oh and one other thing whilst I have your attention - does anyone know anything about where I might be able to get some synchros or a rebuild kit for the old gearbox I took out? I'd rather fix it and let let someone have some use out of it that just scrap it.

Cheers everyone.

Me.

I have all the parts available for your gearbox overhaul mate.

Also sounds like your dual mass fly is shot. (Also in stock)

The reverse stop can be adjusted by slackening off the bolts on the gearlever shift plate and repositioning it mate. This is reached from inside the car. :thumbs:

Alex.