Road Rage

nixy

If someone has intentionally cut into a queue of traffic. E.g. Left lane straight on. Right lane turn right only. They drive up the right lane which is free from traffic to jump in left and go straight on, I'll always try and hold them up. It's Britain goddamit, and we LOVE TO QUEUE!

If it's just merging traffic or junctions whatever, I'll always let people in/out.

Thats just like me - loads of those on my commute and you always know who is going to do it. I just put my foot down on those occasions and they end up having to go around the roundabout. It does wind me up if they manage to cut me up but unfortunately i'm not that scary.........(although i'm sure some people would say otherwise....) I do admit i used to do the turn right, go all the way around the roundabout to effectively go straight on or left but i stopped doing that when I got a car that sticks out like a sore thumb as people get to know your habits! :blush:

I hate folk who queue like that! :p if there is a sign saying lane closes in 800 yards, why does everyone pull into the open lane and start queuing 800 yards away? all it does is increase the length of the queue and block traffic lights further back up the road...

If folk actually drove up to when the lane closed and you then had 2 lanes of queue and people allowed others to merge in sensibly, then the tailback would be half as long and traffic over all would be less hindered. I'm afraid that when it says lane ends in 800 yards, I'm one of those c0cks that drives 750 yards then pulls in, its all a matter of distance and time.

I'm not sure what other people think but I'd always report road rage incidents to the police. Luckily I haven't been involved or seen any that would warrant it, but, if possible, I'd write down the reg numbers of the car(s) involved and later when I get the time I'd report it to the police to their non-emergency number. I don't expect a policeman would immediately go out knocking on the door of a culprit, but usually someone that's a t**t is a t**t in more than one way - and he's likely to get more complaints from other incidents, until someone does something about it.