Tyre Pressure

MattMe

Hi.

I recently got some Falken 912s fitted when my Bridgestones finally wore out. I noticed that the centres of the tyres were considerably more worn than the outer edges. I know I used to run 36psi after reading some advice on here - now I'm starting the think that might be a bit high! When they changed the tyres I said to put 34 in all 4 but then last night when walking to the car park I noticed the dirt on my tyres wa still only on the middle of the tread, not the outer edges. So I'm thinking 34 may be too high too.

In the past on all my other cars I've only ever put in 28-30 and had no problems. Does weight etc of the car effect what pressue you should put in the tyres? My logic tells me that every tyre, whatever the size should be about the same psi, but I could be tottaly wrong. Does it vary from tyre to tyre even?

I don't know! I do know I'm going to try running about 30 psi and see what it feels like...

What does everyone else run here - tyre make/psi?