New guy from across the Atlantic!

Where in Costa Rica are you? I visited last summer, it's a beautiful country.

Thanks, Cap'n :thumbs:

Heredia, which is like 20 minutes away from downtown San Jose... pretty much on the way to the International Airport which in turn is in Alajuela... the country is so little that you can go through 3 provinces in less than half an hour :teeth:

Where in Costa Rica are you? I visited last summer, it's a beautiful country.

Thanks, Cap'n :thumbs:

Heredia, which is like 20 minutes away from downtown San Jose... pretty much on the way to the International Airport which in turn is in Alajuela... the country is so little that you can go through 3 provinces in less than half an hour :teeth:

I spent a couple of nights in Alajuela, so I know roughly where you are. Are there many decent driving roads near you? One thing I remember thinking when I was in Costa Rica is there weren't many Zed friendly roads!

Welcome, :thumbs:

Read your webpage with interest, have some of the same engine mods you and I.

Few Q's If you don’t mind?

Do you know how long the hose for the vacuum AF from the Haltech unit to the hose connection in the engine bay?

Are you getting any CEL lights with your current tune?

(could I get a quick peek at the map & do you have a dyno sheet?)

Btw, are those stoptechs for sale now? :dance:

A.

I spent a couple of nights in Alajuela, so I know roughly where you are. Are there many decent driving roads near you? One thing I remember thinking when I was in Costa Rica is there weren't many Zed friendly roads!

I am afraid that the answer is no... there are a few reasonable ones currently, and there is a good one near completion. But daily driving (which I do) is murder. I am looking for a daily driver so I can declare the Z officially a project car, and it is going to be some sort of SUV or pick-up truck :teeth:

Do you know how long the hose for the vacuum AF from the Haltech unit to the hose connection in the engine bay?

The hose is probably just a bit short of the 2 meters, to allow for comfortable routing.

Are you getting any CEL lights with your current tune?

For a time it did put one up for a cylinder misfire, but that happened to be unrelated to the tune. I think that no CEL should be up if the tune is good. I have read that some Z may produce CEL's for conflicts with the ECU mostly about the EVAP canister and oxigen sensors.

(could I get a quick peek at the map & do you have a dyno sheet?)
The latest dyno sheet I have is this one, which was right after the tune -very conservative tune, by the way-:

380579028_F2MGV-L.jpg

I think I could download the map from the car (once I get it back from the shop later this week), send me your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Btw, are those stoptechs for sale now?
I am kind of keeping them as backup plan, should something fail with the Alliance ones.