Searching for a 350z

Demolition49

Although i will not buying a 350z in the next month or two i have been searching and looking around for the best bargains to see whats going on with the market, i decided to save up a little more for a few months and get a lower mileage 2004 350z after thinking about it for some time.

Im wondering if you guys can reccommend places for me look...

ive been to the following:

autotrader

pistonheads

fish4cars

motors

carcraft

netcars

but to be honest the only ones with a good range of Z's were autotrader and pistonheads.

Does anybody know other places im missing?

Thanks guys! Cant wait to get my Z then i can start making it unique.

Ebay is where you'll find some bargains but be prepared to travel and look at them before bidding. Thats what i did and bought my '54' plate with the winning bid of £8500!! Ok it had 80K+ miles on the clock and the paint needed sorting but it was mechanically perfect. Sold it due to lack of work for £9200, so made a bit of profit but added a few bits to it and smartened it up a little. Apparently i sold it too cheap, but i needed the cash quickly.

Basically don't be afraid of high mileage examples as you can save yourself £1000's.

thought so guys, thanks for the info, just wanted to get the best Z out there, with 1 previous owner so hopefully they stopped thrashing it after the first few thousand miles xD

Possibly true, but I also think that sports cars generally change hands more than your average car.

Porsche and Ferrari etc its quite common to have 2 or 3 owners in the first few years of it being on the road. Not that I am comparing them, but the zed is still the sort of car that people buy because they fancy it then sell because they have another itch to scratch, or are surprised by the running costs etc.

thanks for all the advice and help guys.

I've always been scared of high mileage cars (i always assume worst case scenario) you never know how they have been treated, at least with lower mileage you can assume less punishment for fewer miles, that's the theory of my thinking.

I was just thinking, im defo going for a UK GT 2004 or better if I can but do they come with electric folding mirrors? or is that an extra on some cars only?

On here?

+1, at least it easier to find out the history of the car and the owner and more likely to be a very cherished Zed

Agree, but just because someone is selling a zed on here doesn't mean its perfect or got a hidden past. The 2 "high mileage" zeds i had, had full service history. The first zed was from Scotland which was bought new by a guy who gave it to his girlfriend as a birthday present. They then moved down to S. Wales where they part ex'd the car for a Range Rover sport. Thats when i bought it from a garage and then killed it a year later :byebye:

My 2nd zed that was bought on ebay, was originally owned by a solicitor from Surrey, then sold early 2009 to a guy in his early 40's, from Chipping Norton. He decided after a couple of months to buy a caterham, but his wife wouldn't let him keep the 2 so i took the Z off his hands. The service history on this car was extremely comprehensive even showing when the clicky axles and skipping bose were replaced including every service invoice.

Doesn't matter where the car comes from as long as it has a good history.

Although this forum is the best place to start looking, and offers brilliant advice for potential purchasers. :thumbs:

so what exactly is it with the folding mirrors is it available on uk 350Z's?

Yep, standard. What else do you want to know about folding mirrors?? :wacko::)

So any 350? from 2002 up to 2009 any UK spec?

Base or GT?

Do they fold when you press the button on the key or you have to press the button after you parked?

And im guessing they dont do reverse tilt?