Wheel Powdercoaters in Reading / Basingstoke area

kris

As above i'm looking for somewhere decent to powdercoat a set of 18s for me In the Reading or basingstoke area. Not a local lad so I don't know the reputation of powdercoating places round here. I'm willing to travel for a decent job.

I'm sure some of the local boys such as ChrisI can shed some light...

Thanks in advance!

I've had 3 sets of wheels powdercoated up Staffordshire way at a place called top marques and never had a problem, I think there is alot of scaremongering with powdercoating wheels. Hopefully I can find a reputable place so that the worst doesn't happen.

I'm powdercoating the standard JDM 18s, I want to keep them as a winter wheel but there is kerbing on nearly every one!

My Alloys ( http://www.myalloys.co.uk/ ) are the people you want to see matey, based in an industrial unit in Basingstoke. Tell them I sent you (remind them of my gold wheels) and they will look after you, might even give you a bit of discount if you give them a hint. I have never met any nicer people than Marion and Ron who run it. They used to run the local Chips Away until Ron couldnt do it any more after hurting his hands (as many detailers will empathise!). Just take a look at their gallery, they do very good work. As most people who I have spoken to about my wheels, I am anal with them, and they always come back faultless from them :thumbs:

The main thing with powdercoating is to keep temps below 200C and not to do them too many times (ie I would only get them done twice in their life).

Cheers for that, will go for my alloys since they are local enough and have a good reputation. Always good to get a recommendation especially when it comes to finishes on bodywork or wheels. How long did they take to powdercoat yours chris?

I'll mention you to them chris when I get round to getting them done, its nice to be looked after. Need to wait for the weather to subside firdt though :cold: