My door is noisy!

wood glue

Let me be specific, if people aren't particularly careful in closing my doors they make a horrible clanking smack noise, I don't think there's anything wrong with it I just think they're heavy doors and people let them go pretty easily but I was wondering if there's anything I can do to dampen or soften the impact?

I noticed in the upper corner of the door there's a flap of plastic that almost looks like that's it's job (softening) but I'm a little clueless so maybe not. Any ideas or things other people have done?

Are you seeing the windows drop slightly when you open the doors and then raise upon the doors being shut? If not, if could be the glass hitting the body - something you want to correct very soon.

Also moved your post from General ;)

Ta for moving it.

And the windows are moving up and down fine, I wouldn't notice any problem if everyone closed my doors as carefully as I did it's just the hamfisted friends that'll give it a good swing into the body that causes a horrible clank that doesn't sound quite right.

I've noticed my drivers side is a bit 'clanking', whereas my passegner one isn't - so as if it's just been used less. Which makes me wonder if the rubber seals on either side of the glass need replacing, as it does tend to rattle very very slightly if my windows are open a bit - thought it was my wing mirror but thinking otherwise now... :shrug:

I know exactly what you mean, the doors only need a gentle nudge to close properly and sometimes if your in the car and someone gets out it's as if they took a run up and slammed the door.

The boot is a million times worse, you only need to let it drop from a couple of inches and the amount of people who take something out then slam it down......never fails to give you the fright of your life if your in the car.