Finally Got Around To Test Driving a 350Z.

Tricky-Ricky

My Supra replacement as i have already mentioned is likely to be a Nissan 350Z, so Wednesday i finally got a chance to try one at i relatively local Nissan dealer, took long enough to find one locally :surrender: unfortunately not a long or fast test drive due to the weather and the shear traffic density.

But the overall impression was very good, nice driving position, good steering feedback, felt pretty sure footed, although i would have liked to kane it some more, the engine feels pretty strong with good torque, very similar in characteristics to N/A or single turbo Supra off boost, but i would say definitely quicker (well it should be with more power/torque than an N/A) 220BHP

Brakes where very strong, and very quick to bite, unlike the Supra which is strong but very progressive, clutch was a bit long travel as heavier than an uprated Supra clutch, but I'm sure it can be adjusted, as I'm sure can the brakes,and surprisingly the gearbox feels very similar the the Supra, but the overall feel is unfortunately far less refined than the Supra, ans also the build quality is no match either, however as i want to slow myself down and try and save a little more on petrol, i think it may be the replacement i need with the price of petrol going the way it is now :thumbdown:

Very nearly committed to 49K worth of ex demo GTR, after drooling over it for a while :D big car though, longer and wider than a Supra, and a fair bit heavier, but comparable on the build quality as i would expect, also had a look at the 370Z, which was also better build quality than the 350Z.

tough call I know, in my local dealers is a 350Z Roadster (09), 370Z in yellow with insignia down the sides and a Met Grey GTR I took my wife and daughter to see them and could I beleive it they want me to get a roadster :doh: I was hoping they would say the 370Z I have just booked a test drive with a Black 370 they have as a demonstrator the guy in the showroom told me it will be for sale shortly I just could not get a price out of him.

Don't know how old your daughter is, but at least there is a rear seat (just) in the 370Z, i don't have to worry as my daughter is grown up with a car of her own :)

If you can afford it i would go for the 370Z, i could not justify going for a new car as i just don't use it enough.

I was surprised that the GTR demo was 10K cheaper with 8K on the clock.

The 350z ragtop really is the best all round you can buy. You get the open air

motoring with that fab v6 noise :teeth: ( in my unbiased opinion) ;)

But I was on the Neeesan website and the 370 ragtop looks a lot better than the coupe for me?

The cheapest 370 is about £28k on autotrader in my fave electric blue but seen a black one and that looks good also?

Suggest you shop around for the 370 they won't be hot sellers at the moment

maybe we can ask Ebized later on what he thinks of his :lol:

350 is a solid car the 370 probably better but go and drive a few more before you commit and try to give it a good thrash that will make your mind up for sure :drive1

That's exactly why I wouldn't buy an ex demonstrator :scare:

OK now to what I would buy in Tricky-Ricky's position.

I don't think I'd go for 370 cos I'm still not sure that it's a significant improvement over the 350 and I still don't like the aesthetics ................

I don't think I'd go for a ragtop cos you've got to be under 30 (preferably with t!ts ;) ) to look good in an open car (IMHO) ...................

I'd probably look at a used 911 :blush: or a looked after Z from someone on here :) or keep my 350Z :teeth:

Only my opinion of course but even after 6 years ..... I'm still in love with my Zed :drive1

Also my clutch feels nothing like the one described in that test drive, its not at all heavy - lots of people have had clutch probs so maybe it was on the way out? They'd have to shift that aerial on the 370 roadster before i could touch it with a barge pole, it looks terrible!

That's exactly why I wouldn't buy an ex demonstrator :scare:

Not sure i would agree with that, how many sales guys do you know that will sit there and say nothing while you cheerfully hang the ass end out around bends, and bounce it off the rev limiter?

Also my clutch feels nothing like the one described in that test drive, its not at all heavy - lots of people have had clutch probs so maybe it was on the way out? They'd have to shift that aerial on the 370 roadster before i could touch it with a barge pole, it looks terrible!

My comparison is to the Supra clutch, which is a much has a much more refined feel,and also tailored by me for position and comfort ;) don't forget that the Supra when new was nearly 50K when it first came out in 93-4 so buy todays standards it would be equivalent to 100K

If you want to buy a ragtop because you want everyone to see you in it then buy a porker or Audi :yawn:

if you want to buy a ragtop because YOU want to enjoy your driving and not give a toss

about anything else then get a 350 ;) Simples :lol: