Stealers section???

AndyC

We've all had varying degrees of experiences with stealers, what about a section for them? Maybe broken up geographically, if anyone was looking for a stealer they could have a look and see what has been written either good or bad.

If it starts getting going maybe we could contact the stealers following a post and ask them for their comments? Granted they may not be interested. Surely by encouraging some communication to stealers we could possibly get better service and for them what better way to get feedback (both good & bad) and promote their business too???

I could be wrong and thinking way too big but it seems to me that this could only be a win situation for everyone.

Guest prescience

Good idea in principle but legal minefield in practice if you start posting opinions about 'Bad' dealers. I would take action if I were they.

Bet the Mods/Admins have a strong opinion on this being ultimately responsible for the info. on the site :p

Guest prescience

:p

I think that a positive database (if you call it that) is a good idea though, once it avoids comments such as 'XYZ are excellent and can be recommended; so much better than all the other useless wa*kers within 10 miles of me in Little Zedington' ;)

:p

I think that a positive database (if you call it that) is a good idea though, once it avoids comments such as 'XYZ are excellent and can be recommended; so much better than all the other useless wa*kers within 10 miles of me in Little Zedington' ;)

Agreed :thumbs:

We can always name and shame by pm!!!

As long as people don't just say "X are crap" and they justify thier reasoning like "X said they would call when ready but did not and then overcharged me X amount" then it should be fine.

That along with a disclaimer at the bottom to remove responsibility from the club

Hmm - it isa good idea in principle, but as Dorian mentions, it can be a legal minefield.

All it takes is fo some dealer to become upset over certain comments, or pottentialy liebel statements, and it can spell trouble. This is the same for any internet forum, and it doesnt matter even if we restricted the said section to registered members or otherwise - a dealer could still sign up, see something they dont like and get shirty.

You would hope that dealers would take any negative posts on the chin and do something about them, all in the spirit of improving service, and relationships with the customers - but we all know thats not how the real world works.

Its certainly something that the mods/admins can discuss.

great idea, and thanks for taking the time to suggest/discuss it :thumbs:

Surely this is a public forum and we can all post our opinion here. If someone has a negative opinion then that is the opinion of the individual and not the site. A similiar thing happens when the redtop newspapers want to avoid legal action they publish something and prefix it with a reliable source said etc etc

Good idea in principle but legal minefield in practice if you start posting opinions about 'Bad' dealers. I would take action if I were they.

Bet the Mods/Admins have a strong opinion on this being ultimately responsible for the info. on the site :p

A very good point mate

Personally I don't think its a good idea to call the dealers, stealers. If you are wishing them to react and partake with the info put up about them. It's not starting on a good foot.

Remember we already have some members who are dealers on this forum.

Personally I don't think its a good idea to call the dealers, stealers. If you are wishing them to react and partake with the info put up about them. It's not starting on a good foot.

Another very good point, my apologies

Another very good point, my apologies

Interesting though that no-one else has rushed to their defence. I suspect that most of us have had poor service from a franchised dealer (not necessarily Nissan) over the years and it colours our view of them. We can't tar them all with the same brush - John @ Holdcroft and Davros spring to mind - but if the dealers want to to turn around their image they really need to try harder to show they give a damn about us.

My dealer has done nothing in the last 18 months to suggest that I am anything other than annoyance to them and that they are doing me a favour by selling me a car and then servicing it. Stealer seems a very apt description....... :dry:

This sort of goes back to the point I was making a few days ago about generalisation.

So long as the section was used for POSITIVE as well as negative entries then I think it could be very useful.

I know some people who have been to a certain car sales place - I hesitate to call it a dealership - and swear by it. 98% of all the others who have been, swear AT it. The opposite can also true. As such it is always an opinion.

How about incorporating good and bad GARAGES?

Not all of us will be running cars with Nissan - or any other for that matter - warranties and good, quality, reliable garages are a god send.

So long as people realise that this is a RECOMMENDATION and not a GUARANTEE then I do not forsee a problem.

Ming the Considered