Traction Control Problem?

ripthejacker

Hey guys, I recently picked up my new Z (will get photos once the weather is better), anyways, tonight trying to get home in the snow and ice, there is a clicking noise when traction is on and the wheels start to spin, then when I got in my steet and having real difficulty turned the EPS off and it was making a ticking noise along with sounding like stones hitting the undercarriage.

I have a 12 month warranty on the vehicle and it was going in over christmas to get the driver heated seat element and the tracking fixed.

What I want to do now is find out if this is an ESP issue or whatever so it can be rectified when going in around/after christmas.

Thanks guys.

RIJ

I'm no expert bud, but my ESP is useless trying to set off in snow / ice, I actually turn mine off to get going then put it back on when in motion. I guess as soon as the car senses loss of traction, it cuts the power, and you get nowhere!

Turn it off, the sideways action is fun :drive1

No m8 its normal. it should do it when wet (not that much in the dry) as well if you try and wheelspin on a straight line. i dont know why it does it but apparently its got to do with the suspension and the bushings. Nothing to worry about plus the TC on the zed is quite abrupt. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I got the clicking/buzzing noise in the snow with the TC both on and off.

I was thinking it's perhaps something in the diff making the noise as opposed to the TC.

No idea really but it's completely normal and nothing to worry about from what I can tell.