WHEN TO REACT? and when not!!

D4V3 GT4

2 winters did mine in. Mind you, car sleeps outside now. Didnt pay as much attention last winter, as I should have, and never waxed them.

Any wheel vendor will tell you, that the polished rim wheels are just not built for winter use, simple as that.

I couldn't do that either. I would hate to put on rubbish wheel through the winter! I keep meaning to buy a cheapo diesel to save me some money and keep the miles off the zed but do you really think I could drive off and leave my zed sitting there to save a couple of quid........................................................

I dont see the point in keeping miles off a car unless its something really exotic. You may as well get the use of it, I say.

Its only the next owner that benefits in the end.

Yeah but lower mileage=higher selling price ;)

Lower mileage = Minge bag who hasn't had as much pleasure as I :p

Wont offset the money you'll have lost in using another car. You dont gain that much more for low mileage, you only lose a decent amount if its mad high mileage.

Its like people who put seat covers on their seats. Keep them in mint condition for the next owner to enjoy, whats the point!!!!!!

I do about 14k a year in mine, and im out of the country about 7 months a year.

There is a slight advantage for lower mileage, for example, the Z market is reasonable flooded with used Zs and you've a guy looking to buy a used Z, there's two very similar cars for sales one with 25k and the other with maybe 10k but both on at the same price, the one with the lower mileage will go every time before the 25k Z!

If you can keep the mileage down without interfering with your fun, then its only gonna benefit when you want rid.

DaveH

Its true lower millage will help your car but then you have to factor in the value of the Z to the current user i.e. Two people own the car for the same amount of time but one got to drive it twice as much. He might get 1K less for his car but in his eyes those extra 10,000 miles fun driving are worth 1K.

IMO A car like the 350z you buy to drive. I agree you don't want to put high millage onto one but one you still want to be able to do most drives in.