WHEN TO REACT? and when not!!

D4V3 GT4

It happened a couple of times for the first time this weekend, I was on the motorway and I'd see a car (firstly) a new Golf GTI moving very fast towards me, knowing I had the quicker car I pushed it at this point (I'm on a slip road with quite a curve) I then slow down slightly as I approach the on coming traffic but this guy just floors it, really annoying! I'm thinking I could have wasted him on an open road but I ain't gonna cause an accident to prove a point! Just pi**ed me off thinking that he now probably thinks he's just scalped a Z. Should have seen him pulling in front of traffic and taking really small gaps, ****!

Next time mate

:boxing::boxing:

But I suppose, that I only did the sensible thing. Shouldn't get wound up!

We've all been there, mate. He's probably only got days to live. W@nker! :angry:

I had a bit of a dice with a Maserati the other day but I threw in the towel when we got to an area with loads of pedestrians. Call me a poof but I don't want that on my conscience! :dry:

Must have pi**ed you off loads!

Dont wry about it, he knows your car will burn his. You need an open road to prove it.

You did very sensible thing.

Some1 my friends know died from racing or over taking a couple of days ago. Its not worth the Risk. Drive sensible people!

Ive had a punto, ibiza, focus RS, and another thing all trying to race me. No @*!# was funny! But id like to Race(safe drag race with helmets on) a Focus RS cos use to love them. But love the Z now :teeth:

dont take any chances guys............ this is our zeds we cud be puttin at risk............ let alone peoples lives............ best thing we can do is set a good example... then when we find a suitable road and conditions let the zed rip and waste em.......... :teeth::thumbs:

I alway hit the break lights just as the kids are behind me and passing my drivers door, try it they thinkyou have seen something they have missed.

Thats if they are actually looking at what is going on!!...last time I was out in the Z had some oik think it was clever to pull out on a left hand curve to overtake..... didnt look up the inside first or he would have seen that big truck coming :angry: fortunately the brakes on his Novcorsax thing actually worked......well in combination of the zed getting the hell out of the way at warp factor :scare:

That's the thing about the Golf, Seat etc... they are not sports car and it is only normal for them to have the need to proof the point that they can be fast...

Unfortunately for them, however fast they can go, it is STILL a FAMILY car... :thumbs: If they want a sports car, BUY ONE...

Obviously everyone here have experianced the same thing, but for me, I just ignore them and just stay at my cruising speed, just to make the point that "I'm not racing with a FAMILY car"... B)

For once, have you seen a Ferrari or Bugatti racing a GOLF before????

Guest prescience

In all honesty, I'd prefer a 355 on my drive ;)

Cos I'd be rational and know what my car could do and what a stock 350Z could do and make the leap.

No substitute for dosh IMO :)

They are nice, but they arent an every day car.

A friend of mine just bought a fair weather one, N plate, 12k on the clock, like new.

The 355 was before they started to make them reasonably reliable. You cant leave the 355 in a damp atmosphere as they have an inherent flaw on the rear quarter of the car, and it rusts really badly.

Super intensive maintenance.

I could buy one, but I like my zed, its a bit different, and keeps me interested.

I dont doubt that one day I will have a prancing horse of some kind. They awesome cars, and Ive always said i would own one.

Used wheel cleaner on them and generally neglected them. Jacko now owns them. Just need a spruce up and they will good as new.

Actually Jon, which cleaner did you use that they didn't like? What is the best thing for cleaning up and keeping on top of polished rims?

In short, nothing. Dont use any of the cleaners that you can buy, they are all too harsh and will damage the finish. When you have them refurbed, just keep on top of them with a good quality polish like Zaino, and you will be fine.

No cleaners of any kind are going near my new ones.

If you wash them as least once a week at the jet wash they'll stay in perfect conditiion, no cleaner needed, a pain in the arse keeping on top of it but worth it, like I said, it depends if can be bothered. :yawn::yawn:

That was really boaring, sorry :blush:

DaveH