Stillen intake or Injen CAI?

cookiemonster

Been looking into both intakes not sure which to go for. Looking for something with lots of noise and looks B) , i know both will give a slight performance increase after a remap. Seen pictures and been reading the info we have on here about them but didnt know if anyone has heard them in person?

Thanks!

CAI's are better due to location hence bringing in denser charge to the manifold and sound like a Ram intake ;)

i have an polished AEM CAI going cheap. £245 new but will take 150 excl. p&p

less than 6 months old :thumbs:

Wistu:

RAM is not an abreviation as such but fondly used to call ram air intakes or SRIs ("s" stands for Short).

Usually SRIs/RAMs eg popcharger replace the OEM air box and work by allowing incomming air while the car is moving to be "rammed" into the manifolds, actually increase static pressures within as they tend to have a wider cross sectional area and as a net result you make more power.

However, they usually are not this effective in slow moving traffic and also suffer heat soak as opposed to CAIs and we are assuming that the OEM air intake is restrictive ;) It is better than a SRI but a tuned CAI like AEM, INjen or NISMO will be marginally better but i guess the sound is what we all go for :p

One little difference is that the Injen fits to the front of the engine bay, infront of the rad and the AEM fits down in the wheel well thus meaning you need to get rid of the spare waterbottle (if you have a UK car!)

Advantage of the Injen is that it gets cold air all the time but its right in a water line (shouldnt really matter if its well oiled) but the air is turbulant.

The AEM fits in the well and isnt too low for water (you would have to go through a pretty deep puddle) but it needs to be running to get some cold flowing air. Shouldt suffer from heat soak cause heat rises and its low but it may suffer a little bit.

You could go for the Gruppe-M Carbon Fiber Intake as this gets the best of both worlds, but its total baller territory!

So have you got an Injen for sale? :lol: I know what you mean about having a mixture of both, but i guess they are going to have pretty similar results.

Nope!

I have been thinking of geting some piping and making one up but would be a waste of time as it would be coming off in a month!

So have you got an Injen for sale? :lol: I know what you mean about having a mixture of both, but i guess they are going to have pretty similar results.

Nope!

I have been thinking of geting some piping and making one up but would be a waste of time as it would be coming off in a month!

Hopefully less ;)