STS Remote Mount Turbo

Cprace1

As some of you might have read on www.my350z.com STS is producing a remote mount turbo kit. STS has been around for a while now and are know in the GM LS1 Market and slowly have been finding there way into the import world, there latest import kit was the Integra Type R remote. Currently they are working on a 350z kit it will be a single turbo kit there are mentions of UTEC being used for engine management.

Being a Dealer and Installer for this kits I am really excited where I saw it might benefit you all is that with the rear mount you do not have to worry about fitment being that there will be no fighting with the steering rack or anything of that nature. There are also talks of a twin turbo setup coming out in the future. We are doing a install on a Mustang this month while it is not a Z it may give you some Idea how the kit will do I will keep you all posted.

Guest prescience

Keep us posted Matt.

I did read on the thread that there might be issues with it getting exposed to the elements being near to the rear wheel s and all and down low - any views on that?

Mind you, it would be a fair bit cheaper I would think and the install more straightforward

They have very similar setups on other vehicles, such as the LS1 cars 05 Mustangs and Integra Type R which are not having any problems with location. The car we are currently doing with this kit runs in some of the D1 drift events, which with drifting who knows if you are going to end up in the grass, gravel or so forth and STS seems to have no worries about that.

Guest prescience

Yep but its intake is from the back end of the car; and its still driven by the exhaust gases obviously

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164271

Obviously the integrity of the oil line to the turbo will need to be high but other than protecting from the weather and getting an Engine Management System tuned correctly (same as with all other FIs) - it seems a pretty good solution

We need some pics for the Z

thanks Dorian interesting read.... concerns about a turbo exposed to our climate (and the air intake) are still there though.... will be interesting to see how it pans out.... I guess for people using their Z as a toy and not as their daily driver would be a good alternative... :)

• 3 weeks later...