Chips Away

andyvvc

Bloke from my local Chips Away is here sorting out the nasty rust spot on the front left wing tip of the Zed. It was touch-and-go as to whether he needed the bumper off to get to the damaged area, but thankfully he doesn't.

Will see what it looks like in a few hours - touch wood and all that :lol: Managed to get him down to 100 quid cash which seems wholly reasonable to me - he's already said its going to take him over 2 hours. Van is full of cleaning and repair widgets - and three massive heaters. Apparently he also refurbs alloys, so i might get him to sort my RAYS early next year if the end result on the wing is good.

Will post some pics up later on !

The only problem I have with Chips Away is that you can't really go off anyone else's review of the company as they're only as good as the chap who turns up on the day. I did get them out for a quote for my last car, I had very slightly bumped my splitter so there was a chunk of paint the size of a fifty pence peice missing and a crack going down the paint for about 3 inches, I was quoted £150 :scare:

In the end got it done by a friend of a friend for £50 ;)

Bloke has just left - the wing now looks like there was never anything wrong with it ! I cant believe the quality of the repair work ! I'll get some pics up soon - honestly it looks like a new wing - i cant see any overspray, blending, nothing. Will have to see what it looks like under flourescent streetlight tonight, but in daylight i cant tell it was ever damaged !

Bloke from my local Chips Away is here sorting out the nasty rust spot on the front left wing tip of the Zed.

Will post some pics up later on !

A rusty nissan... tut tut Andy lol. About time it was sorted out! :thumbs:

Cheeky get ! All sorted now, so cosmetically the car looks almost brand new . . . well, if i had enough daylight to clean it it would ! When the heck are you free fella ? We need to discuss your alloy-wheel options and which spring set you are gonna fit :teeth: