Buying a Zed import?

Hi Gort , and welcome !!

best advice I could give having an import myself is to buy one already in the country so you can see what your getting :thumbs:

Loads for sale at bargain prices at present , so get buying :teeth:

It usually takes 3 months to import a car from buying to actually receiving the car... a long time IMO FOR SOMETHING TO GO WRONG OR SOMEONE TO GO BANKRUPT..

Hi Mate

I am TRYING - long story - to buy an import from a firm called JCI which is just off the A1 near Wetherby.

There have been a few problems and i am not sure if it is their fault or not yet. I will be able to tell you in a couple of days my actual verdict.

Having spent a long time on the net surfing I reckon for your budget of £15,000 you will be limited to a tiptronic auto, they seem cheaper for some unknown reason. That is right at the bottom of the price range for these cars and I do not think you will get a British car for that. Another £1000 will get you into the 6 speed manual range which is where I am.

I have in the past imported a car through a firm in leeds - a GTO - and the quality was good as was the service. The newer the car the less the risk IMHO.

I spent last night on a japanese auction site and the on the boat prices of these cars is unbelievable. The problem then comes with shipping, SVA and registration MPH conversion etc and all the other gubbings in good old UK.

Good luck with the hunt and wish me luck.

If mine does not pan out on Tuesday I might actually do an import MYSELF!!

Ming the Brave

Having spent a long time on the net surfing I reckon for your budget of £15,000 you will be limited to a tiptronic auto, Ming the Brave

I'm familiar with a tiptronic (FTO) so that would be OK :)

any problems with the auto box, I should know about?

any problems with the auto box, I should know about?

The auto box is very good in my experience. My JDM is 3 years old and has covered 24,000 miles. The changes are very smooth, so much so that you are often unaware that the change has happened unless you watch the rev counter.

Jim