What's my car worth!? CAT D

LewisL

Hi All,

Been thiking of selling the Z its a 54 plate uk gun metal GT pack with 45k FSH, bluetooth, parking sensors, the altenza(spl) leather, 350z mats, tennau(spl) cover, cargo net, carbon front insert, clear reflectors, stubby areil basically all the bits except the nav, car is in excellent conditon inside & out but it is CAT D :(

What would the car be worth if straight? & roughly how much cheaper does CAT D make it?

cheers,

Yea i thought ti was about 20% & i feared it was about 9k!

very light front end damage still original bumper & headlight but needed a wing replacing! managed to track down company who did it etc. got invoices for gen wing that was used.

£9K is more or less right and taking into account CAT D and 45k miles, maybe a little more. The FSH helps as they always get binned my the insurance companies unless left in the cars. Any damaged car should have some pics of repair or some form of report to aid the sale :thumbs:

Cat D just for a wing? I know Nissan parts aren't cheap, but there's no way a wing + paint + fitting = £10K, which is what it must be around for the insurers to write the car off Cat D. Not trying to stir anything up I promise, but there must be more to it (either the damage or the accident) for it to be classed as that. :dry:

Ekona, I have seen this a few times where the owner has had a disclaimer in his policy and can refuse to have the car back. It's usually within the first year and not in all policies. Sarnie will maybe know more :thumbs:

Needs an engineers report or some repair pics to put peoples mind at rest though :thumbs:

Ekona, I have seen this a few times where the owner has had a disclaimer in his policy and can refuse to have the car back. It's usually within the first year and not in all policies. Sarnie will maybe know more :thumbs:

Good point, I had a similar option on my MR2 a few years ago. Still, that wouldn't then turn the car into a Cat D though, surely?

thought it was strange as well but have heard people can refuse to have the car back and then i suppose the insurance co. have no choice to write it off?

I have had the front end off myself and can see no other signs of damage and have invoices for the wing

From my Thatcham training a Cat D is when the vehicle repairs cost a certain percentage (insurance compaines choice normally between 60-80%) of the vehicle mid book valve. Cat D and C isnt really anything to worry about if you can do the labour yourself and just have to buy the parts. A Cat C is when the repair cost are over the value of the vehicle retail costs not a percentage if you follow me.... :teeth:

There must have been more damage for a Cat D, it is the insurance compaines choice if the vehicle is to be repaired even if the customer doesnt want the car back in my experiance. :scare:

Alexz