How the VW boys do it

Septic

Ah nice Mk1 Andy- Ronal Turbos ftw! Sorry to hear about what happened to it though :(

Here's a few of mine and some pics I took of gorgeous rides at the Westside Show n Shine last year:

100_0633-1.jpg

100_0625.jpg

100_0383.jpg

R32 lump in a MK2! :

100_0330.jpg

100_0334.jpg

100_0342.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0347.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0353.jpg

100_0374.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0356.jpg

100_0335.jpg

100_0387.jpg

100_0337.jpg

100_0355.jpg

I love the VW show scene :thumbs: Some of the Golf boys and girls really go crazy stretching the tyres to the point where they ride bad but look unreal.

I usually go to most of the shows as you always see something different and some excellent and innovative engineering around.

I'm currently in the middle of a show bay bus with Porsche 911 engine :thumbs:

Here is a pic of our VW Karmann Cab that has won a lot of silverware now and BugJam 21.

_K3C7349.jpg

_K3C7288.jpg

_K3C7325.jpg

Cheers Andy, can't show any other pics at the moment as we have done a load of stuff for show season next year. Restoring these things is a serious labour of love haha :thumbs: I will post somepics of my other projects as they progress. How far on is your mates 1302? Will it be at BugJam?

Sounds intreaguing! I am hoping to make it to some Dub shows next year so will hopefully see it in person.

So far the car has been stripped apart, shell off and a new chassis prepared. Going through the motions of checking what is salvagable and what needs replacing at the moment. I think it will be a rather long term project so taking it to BugJam next year might be a bit optomistic!

Good thread!!

Its got me reminiscing on Edition 38 this year! Which was definitely one of the highlights of my year, after buying my Z, of course! Although, I have to admit I quickly started to miss :byebye: (but not so much regret :bang: ) my old Mk5 GTi!!

I started filling my head with all sorts of ideas about what I could've done with it had I kept it a little longer...

But then I just thought about the sex noise that 3.5 V6 made. c===3 :D

You can't knock a MK1 Golf. :teeth:

Problem with VW's is that they are majority FWD and/or are too heavy for the power they have I reckon. I've had a MK1 GTI, a MK2 GTI 16V, and currently I do have a MK4 GTI-T and its a good car, but not a 'drivers' car.

The new 4WD MK6 Golf Turbo (265bhp) looks pretty effing good! Not sure I'd want to pay £30 for a Golf though.

Never, ever, liked the VW Beetle, :yuck: and by the way, the dirty Beetle was designed and built by Nazis, for Nazis. :boxing: With this in mind I wouldn't even sit in one.

The vee-dub scene is awesome. Have driven Golf GTis since I was 18.

Only the ZED seemed good enough to buy anythin other than a VW. Never thought I would "defect"!!!

Got a Mk1 as well. 4WD and 400bhp, and I love it..!

Take a look here:

http://www.clubgti.com/FORUM/showthread.php?t=196435

Still love the ZED just as much too for different reasons :yahoo:

That Mk1 is amazing Luke! 4WD conversion??! HOW?!

That is a classic and definately worthy of all the accolades it achieved.

I love the black and white pictures lol. Adds a sense of history to it all.

That is a true sleeper. I would cry if I saw sold that :byebye: So don't!

I love the VDub scene too, mate currently shows a Beetle he's been working on on the side...

DSC01065.jpg

Had my beloved MK4 for about 5 years before getting the Zed... It was mint, but I haven't looked back (then again I'm at the bloody pumps a lot more now!)

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

Sorry huge pics i know!