Tyres

Jonny49er

From my understanding the XL extra load coding means they have stiffer side walls.....

The goodyear GSD3 is designated XL where as the GSD2 wasnt

Same goes for Toyo the T1R is XL but the T1s isnt

Falken also the same the 452 has XL where as the 451 hasn't.

Interesting tho, if you look at the Falken 451 its tread pattern is the same as the earlier Toyo and the 452 is the same as the later Toyo....or very similar, as far as you can see from pictures.

Anyway if thats the tyre you want looks correct to me.

You could also have a look here if its of interest??

http://www.falkentyres.co.uk/default.as ... check=yes&

Does that include fitting?

I've just had the car serviced today and I didn't realise they were so low (looked fine, but fronts are bad on the inside particularly). The problem is, I'm going to Ireland on Thursday and need them fitted ideally before then!

Forgive me if this sounds a stupid question, but will I have space in the 350z to carry the tires to be fitted somewhere if not?

If you are looking for falkens this place is hard to beat

Brand New 225/45/18 95Y Falken FK452 Tyres @ £88.89 each

Brand New 245/45/18 100Y Falken FK452 Tyres @ £93.70 each

http://www.falkentyres.co.uk/

Good prices...... thought they were going to be cheaper again than my local place, but by the time you add on delivery then they are the same anyway....

But to all, just remember you got delivery charge on top of tyre prices....

http://www.falkentyres.co.uk/homedelivery.asp

Still good prices though! :thumbs:

The gf has offered to help put a couple in her car if need be, so that's that problem licked!

Now I just need to find a good fitter in Southampton to get them on the car without destroying my alloys! Any recommendations anyone?

Performance Tyres should be able to do it without any problems. They sorted some 20" rare chromes with rubber bands without any problems including having to reverse fit them.

Performance Tyres are going to be fitting mine.

Thanks Rob. I tried calling them, but no answer... will try tomorrow.

EDIT: Got a reply... good prices too! Shame I've already had to order them online cos of the time constraints. £30 to fit all 4 sounds pretty good though. I think they were £101 for the fronts, £105 for the rears, including fitting and balancing though in case anyone wants to know!

I had a quote from Auto Trade Tyres, but I've no idea what they're like. I can't help but think this sort of thing feels a bit like a lottery! :scare:

Looks like I'm hoping the courier will be here Wednesday AM, so I can get them fitted PM and then head to Ireland for a road trip Thursday... hope they don't arrive late! :wacko:

While where on the subject of tyres. Does any one know if the coloured dots on the rim of new tyres should be aligned with the valve to aid good balancing? My stealer fitted two new tyres recently due to feathering and told me it doesn’t matter these day. Well if that’s the case why do manufacturers put them on?

While where on the subject of tyres. Does any one know if the coloured dots on the rim of new tyres should be aligned with the valve to aid good balancing? My stealer fitted two new tyres recently due to feathering and told me it doesn’t matter these day. Well if that’s the case why do manufacturers put them on?

red dot on tyre should be next to valve....But as most tyre fitters use elecronic balancing machines not really importantt

red dot on tyre should be next to valve....But as most tyre fitters use elecronic balancing machines not really importantt

Ah wondered what the hell those were on the Falken's I've just got fitted on the rear. There's a either blue or yellow dot as well, what the hell's that for then? :blush:

Ah wondered what the hell those were on the Falken's I've just got fitted on the rear. There's a either blue or yellow dot as well, what the hell's that for then? :blush:

Different balance points on tyre , dont worry about em :thumbs:

I doubt you will fit 4 tyres in the car. Over the weekend I just fit 4 19" rims into the car - 1 in the boot, 1 above rear speakers and 2 in the passenger seat. With tyres on there would be no way they would fit in.

Can be done mate, I've done it. 1 in the boot, 1 behind the seats and 2 on the passenger seat. You can just about close the door :thumbs:

As far as the falkentyres place goes thats where I got mine from, great service.