Tyres

Jonny49er

Hi, Does anyone know what a good tyre profile should be, bought a 350 yesterday, and tyres need to be changed, is:

Frount Width 225 Profile 40 on Size 18" ok &

Back Width 245 Profile 45 on Size 18"

Thinking of BF Goodrich as they are reasonably priced good tyres!

Reccomendations???

Front and back are both 45's so: 225 45 18 front and 245 45 18 on the back.

You will have a problem getting a good set of matching front and backs, have a look at some of the recent threads on the subject.

In short, apart from budget tyres, the best seem to be Toyo T1R, Pirelli Rossos and Avon (can’t remember the model).

Yep, the front profile should be 45 not 40.....

A lot on here seem to go with either Toyo T1-Rs or Falken FK452's.....

If you want to spend a lot, then I know other people have recommended the Goodyear Eagle F1 GD3s (think thats the right code)....

Try http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s0p0 for cheap online prices for both the Falkens and the Toyo's

:thumbs:

I've got BF Goodrich G-Force Pofilers fitted - they are better than Toyo T1-R and Falkens IMO. Although Toyo's and Falkens are grippy -they both have rather soft sidewalls (like Eagle F1's) which means the handling on the limit is less predictable. I found the sidewalls on the BFG's are roughly the same hardness as the Bridgestones.

I kept the original size on the rear (245/45-18) and went for a wider tyre on the front:

245/40-18

The result is that the car is much less prone to understeer in the dry, and the feeling is much more neutral between front and rear. I based my decision to go for the same width front and rear on the fact that this is what many japanese tuners are doing with the Z (Amuse, Mines, Boss, Sunline Auto etc.).

Before anybody says different - 245/40-18 from BF Goodrich (which is in fact Michelin) is the same diameter as the original 225/45-18's on an 8" wide rim. This means the stagger between front and rear is unchanged, and their are no problems with ESP.

I've tried this setup out on a few tracks and it's very good :thumbs: My friend has also tried the Falkens on track, and complains all the time about the soft sidewalls.

Apparently, should steer well clear of the Avon Tyres, the garage I poped into said they have had 2 350z's come back to change them after a 100 miles or so as the handeling is terrible. They suggested I tried the BF Gs but in 225, 45, 18 and on the back 255,35,18, odes anyone know how this would handle with these back tyres on, and being that bit wider?

Thanks

Apparently, should steer well clear of the Avon Tyres, the garage I poped into said they have had 2 350z's come back to change them after a 100 miles or so as the handeling is terrible. They suggested I tried the BF Gs but in 225, 45, 18 and on the back 255,35,18, odes anyone know how this would handle with these back tyres on, and being that bit wider?

Thanks

I think you will have to stick to standard sizes or the ones you mention will mess up the traction control, and you'll have it cutting in all the time.

I have had three sets of tyres on in the last 6 months ,due mainly to messing about with different wheels!

My experience is ...the Bridgestones are absloute garbage.. The Falken 452's I had on next were superb(and good value to boot ), .... I then had a set of Continetal's , these are very good., but I think the Falkens have it overall and will put another set of these on when the Conti's need replacing :thumbs: Hope this helps someway

I just had my car serviced and they said 3 tires were below legal limit! :scare: Oops!

I've just been to black circles and this is what I think I need. Could someone confirm these are correct please. I dunno what the 'extra load' thing is, but I'm assuming that's good right? :)

Falken GRB FK 452 (Extra Load) 245/45 R18 Y £135.92 £271.84

Falken GRB FK 452 225/45 R18 Y £116.33 £232.66