Question about oil pressure

Dr.TuB

My pressure is at constant 110 psi. and with just a light tap on the gas peday, it goes above 120 (which is mas)

i did a search and it says its because of the oil pressure sensor. is this true?

is the car okay to drive when the gauge is reading 110psi?

does the car behave differently with 110 psi reading?

i just did the P1 service yesterday and everything looked okay (but thats before my sensor decided to fail on me)

disturb the sensor meaning.... loose connection?

is the car okay to drive with faulty sensor? or does this reading affect how the car drives?

If the sensor is faulty then yes its safe to drive, the reading does not effect the way the car drives unless it was 0 psi :surrender: . I would double check your oil level though to make sure and then double check that you have not disturbed the connection.

they are blaming the installation of the HID conversion kit that i threw after the service.

so the HID conversion kit will not cause this right? it is more likely due to them changing my oil?

can someone also tell me how i can access the sensor? where it is located? can i do by just opening the hood or do i have to get under the car...

they are blaming the installation of the HID conversion kit that i threw after the service.

so the HID conversion kit will not cause this right? it is more likely due to them changing my oil?

can someone also tell me how i can access the sensor? where it is located? can i do by just opening the hood or do i have to get under the car...

You obviously do not have any understanding of this subject and I would advise you to leave your bonnet closed and go back to the dealers. ;)

Oil was checked by the dealer again today and they said it is at the correct level.

the dealer used their own shell helix ultra soemthing oil full synthetic 5w30.

i will probably get a new oil level sensor soon...

thank you all for your help!