braided lines being fitted today... CHECKING THEM?

marzman

As the title says, having my goodridge hoses fitted today... i've only bought them 6 months ago just never got round to it. :wacko:

I HATE the feeling of my car being in the garage... is something gonna go wrong? will they get it done today? etc etc.

I called 5 different garages and was quoted between £105 and £180 to fit the lines and swap the (supplied) fluid. I've gone to the £105 garage as oddly, they're the best garage of the lot :thumbs:

So im working from home today, meaning im gonna get sod all done. :doh:

As the title says, having my goodridge hoses fitted today... i've only bought them 6 months ago just never got round to it. :wacko:

I HATE the feeling of my car being in the garage... is something gonna go wrong? will they get it done today? etc etc.

I called 5 different garages and was quoted between £105 and £180 to fit the lines and swap the (supplied) fluid. I've gone to the £105 garage as oddly, they're the best garage of the lot :thumbs:

So im working from home today, meaning im gonna get sod all done. :doh:

but youll be all happy when they are done :clap: i too hate garage time, i put it off as long as possible (bad idea).

working from home is just one big lie :lol:

:dance: Just picked the car up and the brakes feel better already, from just the 20mph drive pootle home in traffic.

One point though, the mechanic showed me the old lines and there is a little locating bar that stops the end of the line rotating when attached. He said the goodridge lines dont have this, so i need to check it over the next few days, and then probably every couple of weeks after that... anyone heard of this before???? Seems like a bit of a chore!

On a side note... this is the first receipt i've got for any work on my car, in 2 years!! Finally!! My mate at the local garage does everything for me for next to nothing, but obviously its off the books, but he didnt fancy doing the lines for me as he said its a b!tch. So thats one for my collection...!