Washing with Warm Water / Waxh'n'wax

Rubber

A couple of questions on washing the car...

1) I normally wash the car with warm water - a bit easier on the hands especially at this time of year. Does this wear away the wax coating quicker?

2) I think it has got too damp/cold to wax the car at this time of the year. Anyone recommend any wash'n'wax type products?

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Stew, whenever I try and put wax on it becomes difficult to get off in the damp weather. After it dries to a haze I just end up smeraing it all over the place - can never get it off properly. Last experience was with Meguiars Tech wax. Would one of the harderwaxes be easier to buff off?

It helps if you use some detailing spray to buff off the wax.

I've used Tech Wax and Meguiars Yellow Hard Wax, let them cure, then a quick spray of either Meguiars Quick Detailer or Last Touch will make buffing off wax a breeze.

Also worth mentioning that a microfibre is used for buffing.

Hope this helps

Hey Stew, whenever I try and put wax on it becomes difficult to get off in the damp weather. After it dries to a haze I just end up smeraing it all over the place - can never get it off properly. Last experience was with Meguiars Tech wax. Would one of the harderwaxes be easier to buff off?

Tech wax is probably freezing.

Hard wax probably won't come off easier but it'll work better and will easily be removed with a spritz of QD as Bullet Magnet said.

Tech wax is not that good. Dont forget if you are putting wax/polish on you should go over the car with the clay bar.

Helps to bond the wax to the paintwork and gives it full potential cos the dirt is off the car.

Try Victoria Wax or chemical guys, their just as good. http://www.cleanyour.co.uk

I wouldn't be claying that often...... To much marring can occur. And I'd never clay without polishing afterwards.

If you want to ensure the surface is clean before waxing then a wipedown with IPA is probably a better idea.

I did clay the car about two months ago, followed by a coat of polish and then a coat of Tech wax. The beading is not as good now- the longevity of the Meguiars wax mustn't be the best. Yes I know collinite etc! I'll get a tin of it before I embark on my next waxing session although I'm still not convinced about being able to buff it off in the damp weather....I'll give the quick detailer a go if it isn't coming off properly.

Thanks,

Chris

I did clay the car about two months ago, followed by a coat of polish and then a coat of Tech wax. The beading is not as good - the longevity of the Meguiars wax mustn't be the best. Yes I know collinite etc! I'll get a tin of it before I embark on my next waxing session although I'm still not convinced about being able to buff it off in the damp weather....I'll give the quik detailer a go if it isn't coming off properly.

Thanks,

Chris

You can always give me a shout Chris.

• 5 weeks later...