calling steve jones.........!!

stuey

hi steve........ ive got the jap--- uk syndrome. can u help to advise me....... ive got a band expander but its not great......... the cd player skips n jumps........ wot sort of cost are we lookin at to replace the unit and wiring........ and where can i get it done.......... :headhurt:

That will be me then ..

Is your head unit Bose or normal ?

If it is Bose there is a lot more work involved as you will have to replace all your speakers as well as your head unit !

If its a none Bose model it will be a lot easier .

A Facia Adapter is about 15$ off ebay, and you need an autoleads wiring adapter ( the one for a new shape micra ! )

Combine these 2 with a new head unit of your choce and your good to go ,..

Alpine Pioneer and Kenwood do very nice Double din full screen head units that wil fill that gap nicely !

Hope this helps

Steve

You mean one of these leads steve? http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1331&cadid=b1838a3219b4bfb84d8f8eb7dbd78694

The autoleads one is a PC2-77-4 I think - http://www.ukaudioshop.com/product.asp?pID=3281&cID=114

Time to get your hand in your pocket to replace due to needing at least a new head unit + two sets of speakers

The speakers in the boss system run on an amp. If you place an aftermarket head unit in then it is not designed to work with the amp. AFAIK there is not an adapter to provide phono in for the amps so it means you can't use it.

The speakers the amp uses are 2 Ohm which is lower than standard speakers - 4 Ohm. You 'could' use the standard speakers but you would risk frying your headunit as its not designed to run that sort of load

(Also not sure how the speakers are crossed over either)

I'm running a Bose system with Alpine headunit, works fine. IIRC it was just a normal Nissan loom that the local ICE place used. They are called xtreme and are based in Worthing, West Sussex if you want to give them a bell? Tell them they did the Alpine in the Gold Z roadster he will remember me :)

The speakers in the boss system run on an amp. If you place an aftermarket head unit in then it is not designed to work with the amp. AFAIK there is not an adapter to provide phono in for the amps so it means you can't use it.

The speakers the amp uses are 2 Ohm which is lower than standard speakers - 4 Ohm. You 'could' use the standard speakers but you would risk frying your headunit as its not designed to run that sort of load

(Also not sure how the speakers are crossed over either)

Its unlikely the headunit would have enough power to sufficiently power everything anyway (I'm including the sub in that statement). You could always do some tricky stuff with the wiring to get them to 4ohm but thats probably far too much of a job. Sounds to me (after reading Nicks comments too) that there is some sort of adaptor that can be used.

so in a nut shell.......... if i buy the leads that rob quads is on about.... buy the facia conversion kit....... a new head unit of my choice........ and speakers..... bobs ur uncle..?? :blush:

Indeed

Roberts your Fathers Brother

You may have to fiddle with the wiring to the speakers as well :)

ok ive ordered the facia and hopefullt will recieve it in a week or 2........... all the way from texas........!! :scare: can anybody recomend a head unit... i was looking for a 6 cd changer but my buddy advised me against it... he sed why not go for a mp3 player and ipod socket because cds are gettin old hat., any views chaps..! ;)

looking to spend £150.....£200 quid...... i dont have an mp3 player or ipod at the mo but my friend sed he will convert my 20 cd collection in to mp3.... just thought it was the way foward........ :D