Strange Smell

neo-ninja

oh ok sh*t so i better go put some in...any recommendations? i will go get some tomorrow...

Ok some say cold some say not - but handbook says run until its at temp then let stand for ten minutes then check :thumbs:

But if it was just serviced - shouldn't be at minimum already!

Recommended 5W30 :thumbs:

So i just checked my belts and it seemed fine... still had strange smell not as potent but definatly noticable...

So 5w-30 oil, will it matter if i put that in but the garage have put something different (ie should i call them again and ask what they put in)?

Neo

yes you should, and if they put in '@*!#' oil replace it with some full synthetic 10/40

a>

will give them a call

see what they say

:thumbs:

Out of interest how long have you had the smell?

dont get that smell every time mate, I'd say it started some 6-8 months ago (1st time I smelt it) Was down getting it looked at today and the AC one is a bit cracked so will replace both of them.

(looks like my clutch is ok but need new oil :yahoo: )

Hold off and I can let you know the outcome if you dont want to replace them.

A,

Juts noticed today that it was smelling...think it's the AC belt. Had had the AC on and turned it off and change from only using the air onto the feet to blow in my face, got the smell then... went pretty quickly. B)

Just got these in the Motor Factors:

I have had something similar to what you guys are describing. But I've only had my car 3 weeks and I noticed it in the first week of having it. I've done just over a 1000 miles since buying it (really gotta get a 2nd car for the commutes) and it's only happened once or twice. After reading through the thread I kinda want to inspect mine now.

I have had something similar to what you guys are describing. But I've only had my car 3 weeks and I noticed it in the first week of having it. I've done just over a 1000 miles since buying it (really gotta get a 2nd car for the commutes) and it's only happened once or twice. After reading through the thread I kinda want to inspect mine now.

its very odd this problem, because as i said mine seems to be a tad random, also my bor had it on his car and when he spoke to nissan about it (he got his car brand spanking new from them in 2004) they said that it was a common thing and nothing to worry about (which did seem very odd to him) but he had the car for 4 years did 30k miles in it, and never once had a problem with it....

I only found this out after telling him about it but im still not convinced as must be somthing amiss i recon...