Wakeboarding...anybody do it?

goatboy

Afternoon all!

I was just wondering if there are any wakeboarders on here?

I've recently had a couple of sessions and its great fun (although seriously hard work) and I can't decide to keep going through the winter or to hang up the board until Spring and work on my fitness in the gym.

Wondered if there were any seasoned pros on here with some advice or anybody who use thorpe or Princes cables I can get some tips from? :boat:

:clap:

I have done it a few times in the US off a boat, not done cable yet. My brother is massively into it and lives in Orlando doing it! See his website here, one of the most popular in the sport.... www.thewakeplace.com

This time of year the pros hit the US or Aus as the weather is warmer generally. Get across to Florida in the spring for some boat wake :thumbs:

I've not done cable yet either, just a few lessons off boats, but its an expensive way to do it so I was thnking of moving on to the cables.

Would love to get to warmer climates to get some more experience but it seems unlikely at the moment... :cold:

done it off the back of a boat quite a bit :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth: Love it!!!! :thumbs::yahoo:

Do lots and lots and lots of squats over winter :lol:

and climbing for the grip strength ;)

Grip strength is the killer, my wrists were killing me after my last set of lessons! :wacko:

Honestly indoor climbing through the winter :thumbs: I go three times a week and never had a problem with grip strength. my legs went though, in a spectacular failure one time (painfull) :lol: although you will end up with disproportionately huge forearms :lol:

I do a fair bit when i get time - usually do this in Reading (Copthorne hotel), but also the Cable Ski places at Thorpe and Swindon - bloody cold doing it in the winter though - i'm more a fair weather boarder :)

Really enjoy it myself - a nice way to keep the muscles working before the snow season starts!

Wake Board in summer - Snowboard in Winter - Simples :thumbs:

Never tried Wakeboarding although HomePierrepont is near me and I fancy trying it out next year

Me and Husky have got a deal, im gonna teach him to snow board and he's gonna teach me how to windsurf... only I want to wait till its a bit warmer till I do any watersports

:cold:

i do!

This is our boat...

n549130295_2899924_6433.jpg

and a few other bits a pieces from the lake...

n549130295_3625116_3240.jpg

bb.jpg

n549130295_2899920_8060.jpg

aaa.jpg

We have to take the boat out of the water for insurance reasons because the lake freezers during winter although it live on a hydraulic lift...and like people say its pretty chilly! but summer months i love it!

Chris