new brakes already!!!!!!!!!!!

cgomez1978

Hi everyone just after some advice. i broke down last night and spent 3 and half hrs on the side of the M49. i was getting a scrappong noise coming from rear drivers side wheel, any way the recovery guys check my car and say my brake pads are low on the outside pad so are probably down to the metal on the inside pads :scare: i bought non brembo redstuff ones in june. i do about 500 miles a week i was just wondering if it could be the pads or are they talking rubbish. i just thought the pads would of lasted longer than that im stuck in work so cant get to the car till next week to find out

Who fit the pads for you? Did they check the run out for you? Could be any number of things that have caused premature wear even with normal driving. Sticky piston, disc runout being to great etc. In high milage Zeds like mine and yours, these things can cause the disc and pads to wear what we seem as prematurely due to them rubbing slightly all of the time. Do the discs judder at all?

Could be something like a sticky piston. May not have been spotted when fitted if only pads were done. That would usually cause the discs to wear prematurely and warp, so would have judder. Dont really know how you managed to kill them quickly :blush:

This is odd when I picked my 07 up it had 7.5k miles on the clock.brakes seemed ok but when my local dealer serviced it they noted the pads were nearly worn out and car should never have been sold like that, anyway to cut a long story short the supplying dealer swopped them for me and I have still got them after 46k miles later the new pads still going strong and i do 700 miles per week. I did hear someone else had their new 08 pads replaced after 7.5k miles also so maybe it's down to duff pads made from chocolate or the dusting bungs up the calipers and makes them wear quicker?

The only thing be careful the inner wear quicker than the outers and as a few (me too) have noted they go with no warning .

What year is the car and howmany miles has it done? 2mm left on the pad after 8000 miles does point to possible caliper being siezed.. Is that 2mm on the front set or the rear set, I am presuming you replaced the front pads? Apologies in advance if you've already posted which set.