CAR FOUND - THOUGHTS

neo-ninja

I ordered my 05 zed new with the Nismo Aero kit from the dealer.

It should be on the original invoice when you ask to look at the paperwork.

Assuming the prices for 54 and 05 were similar, brand new with the Rays and Nismo kit the original invoice should show purchase price of around £31k :headhurt: unless purchaser negotiated a big discount.

Another sign to look for is the factory fitted kit should be absolutely mint.

As for insurance, you will pay more with a factory fitted kit, but less than an aftermarket kit.

Looks like a lovely car.....hope you get it for the right price. :thumbs:

Being an ex car salesman and onwning a prestige car site you will not get a good price for you P/ex then get more off the windscreen price it just doesn't work like that.

The dealer should give you a reasonable offer for you car in p/ex or sell it private and go there with cash for a better deal off the screen price.

HI all!

So i check out the car and.....it was BLOODY SUPURB! imaculate condition. got the price down and left a deposit! now i have a week to wait to pick it up!

Well done bud, looks like a cracking car B). Did you get the 1.5K off then?

lets just say i got enough off, however the back tires will need replacing soonish as they are fairly low (used this to get money off). Also i rung up the garages the car had been serviced at and the last garage who did the last service has said they noted teh front breaks were 80% worn so would need doing fairly soonish, since then teh car has done about 4k miles, so i imagine this i will have to get this done aswell fairly soon.

Breaks according to the garage are about £300 to buy and fit, which didnt seem so bad, can anyone confirm?

Many thanks,

Neo!

I CANT WAIT!! im going to try and pick it up early as your right no way i can wait 1 whole week!

Well, if you have a lip of 2mm or more or they are badly scored, cracked or warped, then the discs will need replacing.

I think i have the cheapest EBC discs for sale, right at this moment, at £300 for front and rear.

Again easy to replace yourself.

It sounds like its just your pads that need replacing, so see one of the traders on here for a good quote :thumbs:

from the pics the car looks perfect and the price sounds right too.

The interiors looks like my JDM but :shrug:

On the nismo kit, lots people buys replicas and a cheap/ decent fitting one costs around £ 450 plus painting and fitting

Why thumbs down?

it's not a thumbs down it's a shrug :shrug: (or at least that's what appears on my end) meaning that looks like my JDM but I not sure which spec it is.

BTW Congratulation for the purchase

Looks a great buy and no doubt you have confirmed it is not an import from the V5 or a repair job using UK parts?

Unless someone has gone to an awful lot of trouble, including fitting the headlight washers and new rear bumper apart from all the interior bits, then I have little doubt it is a genuine UK car and you have got yourself a good buy - with s/h prices on the rise. ;)

Enjoy :thumbs:

Well, if you have a lip of 2mm or more or they are badly scored, cracked or warped, then the discs will need replacing.

I think i have the cheapest EBC discs for sale, right at this moment, at £300 for front and rear.

Again easy to replace yourself.

It sounds like its just your pads that need replacing, so see one of the traders on here for a good quote :thumbs:

ok possibly a stupid question...but what is teh best way of find a good trader on here to sell me pads....

And honestly for a complete mechanical noob is it easy to replace, bearing in mind the brakes are fairly essential so no way i want to risk screwing them up!

let me know,

Neo