Cracking mot from kwik fit

chrislich

Well had my mot done last week. As usual I didn't realise that it had ran out until the day it was up and this happened to be a friday, so kwik fit just round the corner was easy especially as I was at work over the weekend.

Picked up and was told it passed nicely, couple of small advisories but nothing major.

Week later I'm driving along and my car fills with smoke, luckily I'm just round the corner from home so pull up there. Open the bonnet and smoke is flowing quite happily out from around the engine. Obviously living in the same area as my work I'm not calling 999 till I can see flames.

Leave it for min and the smoke dies down so investigate. Seems to be a lot of oil splatter. Bloody idiots haven't put the dip stick back properly and oil has come out all over the manifold.

Was annoyed but relived at the same time.

So beware

chris

Woah, close one! Glad it was only the dipstick. :surrender:

Be sure to double check the dipstick itself, we have had at least one report of the seals going on them and can cause the same problems as if someone hasnt put it back in properly. Just to be sure this hasnt happened to you ;)

I took my vectra to kwik-fit (also a last minute job) for an mot. They returned it with numerous failures telling me it needed new discs and pads all round and a new front wishbone amongst other things (they quoted £700 for all the work). I took it to another respected local garage, new front pads and discs later it passed (total £140) with no problems at all. I can't nderstand how they get away with it!

I've had no problems with Kwik fit near me in Bridgend. Regularly had my Zeds oil changed there as it only cost £39, and mot'd my banger there once, which passed no problem. Depends on the staff i suppose.

I take my cars to R J Davies in Pontypridd, (not far from Pontypandy were Fireman Sam lives :lol: ) for my MOT's as they are very reasonable, and will even fit you in out of hours, even on a sunday :thumbs: