gearbox rattle on idle and clucky getting into 5th

sketch

any ideas guys, on idle there seems to be a rattle from the gearbox, ive pressed the clutch in and the noise stays there so its not the release bearing? dunno what else it could be? and also its quite cluncy/stiff to get into 5th, all the other gears are prefect just not 5th?

any ideas would be much appreciated, cheers guys

its unusual for a syncro to go on 5th tho, common is 1st/2nd as they are usually abused most...

tell that to my 5th and 6th :lol: they are fooked. i reckon a previous owner was a fan of a block change from low to high with no rev matching forcing synchros to get trashed.

its not thats bad tbh, its the rattle which is annoying.. was wondering if it could be anything to do with the dm flywheel?

Mine makes a similar noise I'm guessing and was wondering if it was the DM flywheel on the way out. Wouldn't say it does it at idle tho, just low speed on gear changes.

Block shifting down does no damage at all, but why anyone would block shift up is beyond me, unless you're the laziest driver ever and should in that case own an auto.

I occasionally get a light crunch downshifting from 6th to 5th, but never on the upshift from 4th, and it's only accasional, not regular.

So I was thinking synchro early warning.

Parts don't last for ever folks, these arn't the olden days.