UnJustified Insurance! Help!!!!

Leenx

Hi all,

Hope you can offer advice / reccomend. My insurance is up for renewal 21st Jul (2 days time) I've been around the blocks trying to get a quote on my Fairlady Z and I'm getting silly quotes which were making me luagh - now I'm beginning to see the serious side of things!!

You may recal I had a learner driver go into my car in April this year, and it's only just been settled (Third party admitted responsibility and my excess is now recovered). However my insurance (Elephant) have given me a renewal price of £870 which I just can't understand. I grilled them about it but their answer was connected with the claim (depsite my bonus being protected etc...) and general rise in insurance all together. Never the less this price is far too high, and as I get older I expect premiums to either reduce or stabilise at-least! I'm 31, with over 13 years NCD protected, I have no points (3 points just expired) and my postcode has been known to be fine in the past. Why can I not find a half decent quote?? Also why just because it's an import I have to have a tracker with some insurances whilst UK Zed's don't? (I checked by altering details on some websites).

I've searched previous posts but I guess this is more of a personal plea for help!!! Is there any insurance company out there prepared to offer a competitive quote. Looking around the £500 figure as a max, as this seems to be the general norm for quotes on this forum?!!

Cheers all

Hi all,

Hope you can offer advice / reccomend. My insurance is up for renewal 21st Jul (2 days time) I've been around the blocks trying to get a quote on my Fairlady Z and I'm getting silly quotes which were making me luagh - now I'm beginning to see the serious side of things!!

You may recal I had a learner driver go into my car in April this year, and it's only just been settled (Third party admitted responsibility and my excess is now recovered). However my insurance (Elephant) have given me a renewal price of £870 which I just can't understand. I grilled them about it but their answer was connected with the claim (depsite my bonus being protected etc...) and general rise in insurance all together. Never the less this price is far too high, and as I get older I expect premiums to either reduce or stabilise at-least! I'm 31, with over 13 years NCD protected, I have no points (3 points just expired) and my postcode has been known to be fine in the past. Why can I not find a half decent quote?? Also why just because it's an import I have to have a tracker with some insurances whilst UK Zed's don't? (I checked by altering details on some websites).

I've searched previous posts but I guess this is more of a personal plea for help!!! Is there any insurance company out there prepared to offer a competitive quote. Looking around the £500 figure as a max, as this seems to be the general norm for quotes on this forum?!!

Cheers all

Try RAC Motorquotor?

I'm with Flux mate so that doesn't help you, but you could give these guys a try Clarke Roxburgh on 01684 565333. I was with them for years on previous cars but they couldn't get anywhere decent on the Z, BUT at the time I was in a really shocking postcode so they may be able to do better, worth a shot anyway.

Thats crazy

Im with Elephant, have to renew on the 5th of August.

Had a quote to Renew for £758 but i phoned them today and got it down to £688 as i told them i was unhappy with the renewal.

Im 23 4yrs no claims, no points or claims.

Seems insane for a 31yr old to pay more than me.

If you have more than 1 car in your household try admiral. Got my renewal for 600 and I've not even been driving 3 years yet. Mrs has her almira insured as well for cheaper than anywhere else.

BTW mine is a JDM as well.

I'm with A-Plan in Thatcham (brokers, search on Google for the phone number) who somehow managed to drag my renewal quote down from £550 to £350 when I found that price with Admiral and Privilege (joys of living in the back of beyond where the air is clear and the roads are empty..ish). :yahoo: Dunno what they're like for JDMs though...

I had the exactly the same problem, 31, decent postcode, and an accident which wasn't my fault, and the best quote I got was the one you think is to expensive! with Adrian Flux.

Unfortunatly tits who drive like idiots ruin it for us all!

If you find a better quote I'll be amazed.

DaveH

Annoying as their adverts are - try Norwich Union. They offered me a decent price (about £400) for my JDM.

Important Point: Make sure you tell them "350Z" as if you say "Fairlady" they will assume its the old twin turbo beast (as did DVLA!)

- Krumble

Guys,

Update - Managed to get a quote for £500 in the end with Privilege but with £400 voluntary excess :surrender:

Interesting point about not saying or highlighting online about it being a Fairllady! I triple checked the quote with the fella from Privilege and that I am defo covered under the car being called Nissan 350z so not sure what's goin on there??? Buy anyways thank's very much for your advice & feedback. Hopefully this thread will help out other owners. Really pays to shop around with insurance!!!

Cheers all

Nick

Leenx

I shopped around for quotes before getting my Z and found the best deal with Admiral.

Unfortunatley, most insurers put premiums up each year to cover the costs from claims from uninsured drivers(scum)!!

I passed my Advanced Driving Test a few years ago which also helped with my premium.

Best advice is to shop around-there are so many Insurance companies out there, Good luck!

Cheers Windy. Got an ok deal in the end. But it p**s you off that so many drivers aren't insured!! What if that person who drove into my parked Zed wasn't insured!!! I'd of had to of paid up through my insurance and would of pushed it up even further. If you ask me the Police should concentrate more on this kinda crime than putting up speed / sense cameras all over the motorways!! Not a direct stab on them but it really get my goat!!!!