Button on Fire

martinmac

For anyone who is interested, close enough and can get out of work I just found out that Jenson Button is going to be at Bluewater this afternoon driving a super car in a marked out area round the back of bluewater from about 3 till 4.30 and then will be having a Q&A session after. More details on the bluewater website....

Well done Jenson and Brawn :yahoo:

For a change you drove like you wanted to win the championship. Enjoy it though because i dont think you will win it again though :blush:

But yesterday you were saying after qualifying:

"Sorry to say i just dont rate Jenson as a racer What was he thinking by not putting intermediates on? Sorry to say this but if the F1 season was to start now i would give him no better odds than 50/1 for the championship"

When the likes of Martin Brundle and David Coulthard marveled at his overtaking moves I think you should look again at Jenson's understated racing abilities. We can all this season has been more about car advantage - Brawn had it for the first third and then other teams came good - even Force India when their set-up suited the circuit.

Yes, Jenson played the percentage game when the car odds were stacked against him and yes, some of his qualifying has left something to be desired. But to suggest he is not a racer when he didn't have to take the risks of passing moving chicanes like Nakajima and his fellow countryman - but he did and with a great deal of skill, is an underserved put-down yesterday Dave. :thumbdown:

And as a betting man, well you got that quite wrong but then there were so many options neither would I have said he had an obvious chance this race, but again he came through when it mattered. :yahoo:

Jenson has suffered from some bad management decisons and perhaps poor insight on his part in terms of teams moves, such that he has never previoulsy had the equipment to get the job done. He has, and in the process I hope it does not mean the end of Rubens career as he must be feeling very low now with his continuing bad luck at his home circuit.

Jenson is a very worthy champion in my book :#1:

I am entitled to my opinion Colin as you are to yours but sorry he is not in the same league as Hamilton or Alonso imo. Jenson won this years championship at the start when no one else turned up with a decent car and that is because Brawn made the best of a major change in the rules for this year and they are to be congratulated for that.But because of that and the fact that JB won six out of seven of the first gp's when no one else had a race winning car the championship was already over. But like i said if the championship started now with the cars as they are now he would not imo win the f1 championship. Well done to him for winning the championship but i really dont see him winning it again. :) I do sometimes think Colin you look at some of these drivers with rose tinted glass's :lol:

And what part of being a betting man did i get wrong? I said if the 2009 championship started now i would have him no better than a 50/1 chance for the drivers championship ;)

Oh and Martin Brundle and David Coulthard are not in the hall of greats, i really dont think they marvelled at the overtakes either ;)

All i am saying is it must be a poor championship when the winning driver has not won a race since June :wacko: And up to this year JB had done nothing and that says everything to me, and if you had a £10 bet last January Colin on this years F1 drivers champion you would not have backed JB not even with my money ;)

Tonight Britain as a new world champion and he is to be congratulated for that but he is not Britains best formula 1 driver that honour still belongs to a certain Mr Hamilton who quite frankly as been awesome in what started the season as one so called pundit put it Mclarens worst ever car, and yet he still managed to win and make his team mate look stupid :)

JB drove well today but he had to do something after yesterdays shocking bad driver/team decision during qualifying it was starting to be embarrasing, he as dithered since June constantly blaming the cars poor performance due to tyre temperature issues that proved unfounded. Like i said earlier he wont win the championship again imo but he like you say is a worthy champion as they all are but overall i would say that it was a poor season from a competition point of view. :)

No, he's not in the same league, he's better, Keeping his nose clean and out of trouble unlike the other two liars!! Go Jenson!!!

Well done Jenson and Brawn :yahoo:

For a change you drove like you wanted to win the championship. Enjoy it though because i dont think you will win it again though :blush:

Next year the competition will hopeflly turn up at race 1 and you wont get away without winning a grand prix since June again. ;)

+1 - well done, enjoy it.....

I think saying he isnt in the same league is unfair as quite clearly he is, Jenson is an entirely different driver to the Alonso's and Hamilton's of the circuit he is a perfectionist and like someone said above he keeps his nose clean and goes about his job very tidily.

Alonso and Hamilton are both aggressive drivers that can and do push to hard.

If you read the article on Jenson Button on the BBC it sums him up quite nicely really and serves to mute the doubters.

Everybody says he has won nothing prior but, he has never had the car capable of doing it and now that he has won it everyone says its the car that won it. the guy cant win :dry:

Bottom line is if the car is perfect Jenson is as good as the next man but if its not he struggles to make the most it whereas Alsonso and Hamilton would thrash the life out it and try to grind some sort of a result out.

Everybody says he has won nothing prior but, he has never had the car capable of doing it and now that he has won it everyone says its the car that won it. the guy cant win :dry:

It's true to a point though, just check out Hamilton. Arguably the most talented guy out there, but with a useless car he's nothing and that's what Button has had throughout his F1 career; Alonso and Massa likewise. Unfortunately that's mostly been the case with F1 in recent years and the only comparisons you can make between drivers is between team-mates driving the same car.

The best drive on Sunday came from Hamilton IMHO: 17th to 3rd makes Button's 14th to 5th not look quite so impressive, especially considering the McLaren is by far the weaker car still. If Alonso and Massa don't end up in a screaming fit next year, and if McLaren can continue their progress, then we're in for a hell of a battle as I think that Brawn with Jenson will still be up there.

Well done Jenson but as has already been said, make the most of it because you are very unlikely to repeat it. Imo, racing drivers fall into one of two categories: truely gifted or talented but need to try harder. Drivers that fall into the first category include, Schumaker, Senna, Prost, Hamilton and possibly Alonso, whereas the second category is where Button comes and also includes the likes of Mansell and Damon Hill for example. There's no disputing that they are all brilliant drivers - just that some are better than others. If Hamilton, Alonso or even Vettel had been in Brawn, the championship would have been decided much sooner imo.

The best drive on Sunday came from Hamilton IMHO: 17th to 3rd makes Button's 14th to 5th not look quite so impressive, especially considering the McLaren is by far the weaker car still.

+1

Well done Jenson but as has already been said, make the most of it because you are very unlikely to repeat it. Imo, racing drivers fall into one of two categories: truely gifted or talented but need to try harder. Drivers that fall into the first category include, Schumaker, Senna, Prost, Hamilton and possibly Alonso, whereas the second category is where Button comes and also includes the likes of Mansell and Damon Hill for example. There's no disputing that they are all brilliant drivers - just that some are better than others. If Hamilton, Alonso or even Vettel had been in Brawn, the championship would have been decided much sooner imo.

+1,000,000

All i am saying is that i think this years championship was a weak affair. For this year there were major rule changes and for the start of the season it was quite clear that Brawn had interpretted and exploited the rules much better than any other team and no one can argue against that. When the confusion and the rulings were sorted out on the rear diffuser issue some teams made major changes to their cars which allowed them to catch up and in some cases pass the Brawns but by then the damage was done, Brawn had already won 6 out of 7 races!! But after June JB never won another race and all of a sudden he was saying his car was crap (excuses about tyre temps and all that, that in the end proved to be wrong). Then we have the issue of compairing drivers was JB that much faster than the ageing RB? Imo no. Was Hamilton much quicker than Kovi in the Mclaren? Massively i would say. At the end of the day i am saying that now the teams have learnt a lot from this years rules and regulations hopefully by the time the new season starts more cars will be more competitive from the start (Obviously we have no refuelling for next year) but i know who my tenner will be on next year and it wont be JB he did not drive like a champion to me in the second half of the season. I AM NOT TOO INTERESTED IN WHO LIED OFF CIRCUIT EITHER ONLY THE DRIVING DOES THE TALKING, YOU WERE ALL OVER LEWIS HAMILTON LAST YEAR. ;)

But for this year JB is the champ and i congratulate him for that :#1: But the real star from this year is Ross Brawn what a man and very touching that he touched on the fact many had made sacrifices for this team to survive with job losses. :)

But for this year JB is the champ and i congratulate him for that :#1: But the real star from this year is Ross Brawn what a man and very touching that he touched on the fact many had made sacrifices for this team to survive with job losses. :)

Here here.

What he has achieved this year is mind blowing, "man of the season" award should go to him.

I reckon he will be in the honours next year for services to motor racing.