I hate (a feature of) this site!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys - sorry about the confusion over this:blush:

I had to go out yesterday late afternoon and evening, and Im out again today until later this afternoon. (you just cant get the staff).

All of the suggestions that Dorian has mentioned I do intend to sort one way or another.

Down at the bottom of the index page, there are stats as to how many posts have been made (ever). I intend to improve this, so it gives people an overview - i.e. at the bottom of the page it will state:

Our memers have posted XXXXXX articles, YY in the last 24 hours and ZZ since your last visit.

The addition of a button that shows all topics that have had posts in the last 24 hours would be useful, and perhaps bring back both options at the top - i.e. you can see all unread topics since your last visit, and al unread posts full stop (the option we have now).

You will notice that there is now an orange marker on each post (over on the right, next to the quote button). This can be used to mark any thread as "unread" from that point onward.

It will then go back into your unread posts list, and when you click the little dark grey icon in the forum, it wil take you to the lat post you read - (or the one you marked earlier).

As I say, I'll be back later to try and sort some of these issues out.

Ta,

Chris.:)

As an update the "mark all forums read" option is back.

So - from the index page, you can mark every forum read.

And from any particular section, (eg "off topic" section) this option then changes to "mark all topics" - allowing you to mark all the topics in that individual section as read.

Another update - this one should solve all the possibilities in one hit.

We now have another option at the top which is "Recent Topics".

This will take you to a page where you can review all active topics in varying timescales.

Options available are:

Today,

Yesterday,

last 24 hours (handy if you search in the early hours midnight)

last week

last X days (you can choose the value of X yourself - for instance after a 14 day holiday?)

Hope that helps everyone. :D

Let me know if there is anything else that people would like to see. :thumbs:

As all the mods have a "delete post" button, on every single post - there already exists a button that can take care of the waffle.... Its not been used much to be honest, though the waffle level is starting to reach the level at which these buttonswill be used Im sure....:dry:

As all the mods have a "delete post" button, on every single post - there already exists a button that can take care of the waffle.... Its not been used much to be honest, though the waffle level is starting to reach the level at which these buttonswill be used Im sure....:dry:

Sorry Chris,,, apologies if you wanna keep all threads boring :thumbdown: A bit of light banter never did anyone any harm ;)

Sorry Chris,,, apologies if you wanna keep all threads boring :thumbdown: A bit of light banter never did anyone any harm ;)

:thumbs:

There is a differnce between a bit of light banter, and that light banter going on for several pages.

I dont reckon anyone wants to see all the threads being boring, but there comes a point when the banter can just swamp a thread - and as neither of you ever wants to let the other have the last word it just goes on and on and on...

Sorry if tidying that thread seemed a little harsh :blush:

There is a differnce between a bit of light banter, and that light banter going on for several pages.

I dont reckon anyone wants to see all the threads being boring, but there comes a point when the banter can just swamp a thread - and as neither of you ever wants to let the other have the last word it just goes on and on and on...

Whatever mate,,, were keeping you in a job at the end of the day :bleh::shutup::lol:

Surely you'd have nothing to do then though :blush:

Stop upsetting the BOSS :thumbdown:

Stop upsetting the BOSS :thumbdown:

You started it :p

Mainly cos its soooo addictive but one thing reeeeeeeallllllyyyy pee's me off. :angry:

When I log on and click view new posts I can see all the wonderful threads I can (crash ;) ) add my valuable experience too :teeth: The problem comes when I just take a quick peeps at the site and all the new threads to be read. Sometimes I don't have time to read them at the time and decide to read them when I get home or later on. When I come to do this and click the new posts they have all disappeared as if I have read them!!! The only way to find any unread stuff is to trawl through every category and sub category to find each and every one. Even then the all the little zed emblems go light grey so its very difficult to find anything unread. At least on the other side ( :ninja: ) they have a little square next to the thread title indicating that there are post that are unread within this thread :thumbs:

Can we not have something like this? Or a facility to search for any unread posts within the last 3days etc etc :blush:

:D

You sure :p:p:p

Mainly cos its soooo addictive but one thing reeeeeeeallllllyyyy pee's me off. :angry:

When I log on and click view new posts I can see all the wonderful threads I can (crash ;) ) add my valuable experience too :teeth: The problem comes when I just take a quick peeps at the site and all the new threads to be read. Sometimes I don't have time to read them at the time and decide to read them when I get home or later on. When I come to do this and click the new posts they have all disappeared as if I have read them!!! The only way to find any unread stuff is to trawl through every category and sub category to find each and every one. Even then the all the little zed emblems go light grey so its very difficult to find anything unread. At least on the other side ( :ninja: ) they have a little square next to the thread title indicating that there are post that are unread within this thread :thumbs:

Can we not have something like this? Or a facility to search for any unread posts within the last 3days etc etc :blush:

:D

You sure :p:p:p

Oy that was one of my 3 meaningful posts on this site :surrender: