Engine Dressing.....whos best dressed?

Cragus

Cheers for posting mine up danny only just seen the thread! Few more bits for mine to be done also for the new year but strugglling on what to do now!

But always remember first thing to do in the engine and cheapest mod off all is to make sure the engine bays spotless first or its pointless spending a fortune in there! As im sure alot off the guys will agree

:thumbs:

Whats the best way to clean you engine without getting Aggie and Kim over?

sticky stuff remover (yep it is called that and comes in a can!!) and then lots of engine degreaser like gunk... cover the air filter and a few other bits bit a bag and maybe foil and get the jet wash in there... on a low pressure, then use a leaf blower to blow out the water whilst the engine is running...

sticky stuff remover (yep it is called that and comes in a can!!) and then lots of engine degreaser like gunk... cover the air filter and a few other bits bit a bag and maybe foil and get the jet wash in there... on a low pressure, then use a leaf blower to blow out the water whilst the engine is running...

A jet washer.....me no lokes the sound of that lol :scare:

If you still have transport wax in the engine bay,most will then Tardis is great stuff for this.

Once the snott is gone then a good metal polish and some wax on the strutt towers really make a difference.

Then you can start spending,first bits to get would be the carbon covers.

Oh go on then!

IMG_3536.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Nearly finished, just need to finish polishing my envy bottles, get a catch can and im pretty much done. Was thinking about ditching the cf engine cover and getting a harness cover though. Something a bit different.

I got rid of the majority of the transport wax using a softish scouring pad. (kept away from external paintwork may i add.)

R

To clean you need:-

1 roll of cling film

1 bottle of AG Engine and Machine cleaner (or similar)

A range of brushes (from 'alloy wheel' through to toothbrushes)

A hose with no attachment

Plenty of drying cloths

Make sure the engine is cold - you don't want fast drying products under there....

Use the cling film to cover all electrical connections, sockets and air intakes.

Lightly rinse the bay with the hose on a low pressure.

Spray the AG liberally and agitate with the various brushes and cloths as needed

Rinse with the hose again - repeat above step until all areas clean.

Dry the main areas

Remove the cling film and use a cloth to clean the areas covered. Do not get electrical connectors wet!

Dry the whole engine bay - leaf blower, cloths, maybe even a drive down the road.

When it is cool again, you can use polishes and waxes wherever you want really. Just don't be tempted to bling something that is functional - like belts for example.

Done. :)