Tein springs-How do I know if I need a camber kit?

rawbhp

Having spent a long time searching I have finally decided to go for Tein springs, and therefore just a small drop in height.

What I can't work out from the numerous posts is how you know whether you need a rear camber adjustment kit or not. Some people have needed it, others have not, even with a 30mm drop. Does this only come to light when you go to have the suspension aligned?

Also, for coilovers, do you still need the same adjustment kit?

Thanks

As all the cars are differnt ever so slightly, anything more than a 20-30mm drop may require the kit. What this depends on is (a) the car and (B) how bothered you are to run stock camber. With the kit, the car may have enough adjustment to get it back to stock, it may not. If it doesnt and you are not bothered about running more than OEM camber (which is quite a lot of people) then you should fit the kit to keep it in spec, but you dont have to. If you want to retain stock camber/toe and the car cant be adjusted back to stock you must fit the kit to solve it.

It depends on if you are bothered about potentially running more camber than stock or not really.

On a serious note, only way to tell is go and get your car realligned. You should do this anyway after any modification to the sus. If the Garage can't get the camber sorted on the OEM adjustment then yes you need camber arms.

General rule of thumb .. less than an inch usually can be sorted on OEM stuff

Edited: Cos I can't type!

On a serious note, only way to tell is go and get your car realligned. You should do this anyway after any modification to the sus. If the Garage can get the camber sorted on the OEM adjustment then yes you need camber arms.

General rule of thumb .. less than an inch usually can be sorted on OEM stuff

I assume you mean cant (typo). ;)

I'll ask the missus if more camber gets the chicks, I think she might disagree :lol:

You might be able to rectify it with just the bolt kits instead off the more expensive arms! Thats what im going to try first!as iv had uneven tire wear and only dropped 15mm

Interesting. So when you had your suspension aligned after fitting the springs could the garage get it within OEM tolerances? I'm assuming not if you have uneven tyre wear.

Any links to the bolt kits? :thumbs:

I have got a set of the Eibach 'wobbly camber bolts' for sale, as i didnt use them when i fitted the arms...

SPC Rear toe bolts kit - £25 posted

They allow more adjustment than the OEM bolts as far as i know.

These are just the bolts, as posted on Envy's link above.