Steering wheel change on the cards..

tools99

Thinking about a tasty Momo steering wheel for my Roadster, has anyone done away with the original steering wheel?

and is there anything I need to know that could come in handy before getting the tools out?

I beleive I have an airbag and when shopping online for my new wheel I noticed that the boss kit come in standard and Airbag so it seems it can be done.

Thoughts & suggestions/advice wanted

cheers

:thumbs:

Changed mine a few months ago :)

Make sure you disconnect the battery first & pump the brake before disconnecting. You will need a T30 security Torx bit to remove the 2 screws. Also make sure the wheel is dead centre before removing it. A few of us have had problems earthing the horn, I ended up modifying the connector to fix them straight to the hub but a few days later I found the actual spacers with the connectors for the horn :blush: If you get the Works Bell short hub then thats the one that puts the wheel nearest the OEM position & it also comes with the resistors for the airbag. Also be a bit careful when unplugging the airbag, I think that Steve damaged his when he swapped them over

Its pretty easy to swap over, I took about 45 minutes to switch them over.

DSC_2626.jpg

DSC_2257.jpg

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...