All this car detailing talk is contagious!

Sarnie

Been neglecting my zed of the last week or so so I thought a bit of meguairs action was needed! I bought some of the megs claybar stuff and a megs water magnet drying towel. B)

This is what the front of my car looked like this afternoon:

My very own portable fly swat!!!

Meguairs002.jpg

Meguairs001.jpg

Meguairs004.jpg

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

So I started with a thorough rinse, and then shampoo'd it with megs gold class shampoo, followed by another rinse :thumbs: Next I dried it off with the water magnet and all I can say is WOW! That drying towel is awesome, made it totally effortless!! Can't believe I have been using a shamy all these years!!

Moved onto the clay bar and had a bit of a nightmare. I couldn't see where I had sprayed the detailer and kept rubbing the clay over the dry bits :scare: Couldn't be bothered to carry on with it so I put it back in the garage never to be seen again :thumbdown:

Cleaned the alloys with Meg Hot rims and Megs Endurance gloss for the tyres:

Before:

Meguairs010.jpg

After:

Meguairs017.jpg

Then applied 2 layers of Megs NXT to get it looking like this: :thumbs:

Meguairs014.jpg

Meguairs016.jpg

One very happy bunny :yahoo::teeth::teeth::yahoo:

PS I know you've seen my zed a trillion times before but at least there is a (tenuous) reason for it this time :thumbs::blush:

Before

Stick with the clay bar Sarnie , it certainly makes a difference , I,ve been experimenting with it and soapy water has just same effect as the detailing spray (cheaper to :teeth: ), even tried it on the works van B)

yeah Sarnie try soapy water, should imagine it would be easier to see...

certainly is contagious, I have placed quite a big order with autopia, getting different waxes, polish, clay etc. Hopefully should be here by the weekend... my neighbours already think Im mad with the amount of times I clean my car.

Stick with the clay bar Sarnie , it certainly makes a difference , I,ve been experimenting with it and soapy water has just same effect as the detailing spray (cheaper to :teeth: ), even tried it on the works van B)

certainly is contagious, I have placed quite a big order with autopia, getting different waxes, polish, clay etc. Hopefully should be here by the weekend... my neighbours already think Im mad with the amount of times I clean my car.

Bluffy you ought to be down at Peterborough this weekend, with the rest of the chaps :thumbs:

I was just thinking of that, and started reading through the 20 pages about the meet. Certainly would like to go, any spaces left.. if so what days and how much?

The whole weekend my friend :teeth:

£20 / car to get in ..if you want to go down Sunday we can have a mini meet :) and cruise

Bluffy you ought to be down at Peterborough this weekend, with the rest of the chaps :thumbs:

that's the spirit! :thumbs:

Yeah sunday will be good. Where and when do you want to meet?

I,m near Alfreton , was planning on going down early to reach JAE about 9.30am, so set off about 8am any good for you?

8.00am does that exist on a Sunday???

Yeah sure mate, which way you going?

I,m near Alfreton , was planning on going down early to reach JAE about 9.30am, so set off about 8am any good for you?

going to get on A1 at Newark, or down M1 to wherever ..meet at Tesco car park Alfreton...do you know where that is?

going to get on A1 at Newark, or down M1 to wherever ..meet at Tesco car park Alfreton...do you know where that is?

Trouble is I live in Bolsover, so wouldnt really go past Alfreton. If your going to Newark are you going along A617? Once you actually get to Newark there is a Little Chef on the roundabout for A17/A1. I think thats right, been a while since been down that area of country. But could meet their maybe?

Trouble is I live in Bolsover, so wouldnt really go past Alfreton. If your going to Newark are you going along A617? Once you actually get to Newark there is a Little Chef on the roundabout for A17/A1. I think thats right, been a while since been down that area of country. But could meet their maybe?

yeah no problem, about 8.30am at the little chef, PM me your mobile and I'll let you know mine if theres any probs cheers Tim

Talk about a thread hijack :yawn:!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous car Sarnie. Who'd have thought a yellow car could look so good ;):teeth:')

The next time you do it, you have to persist with the clay bar. Never mind the detailer spray - as suggested, mix up a bucket of shampoo - even that Meguiars stuff will do ;), put some of it in a spray bottle, and use that to lubricate (rrrrrr). Spray a small area at a time, and gently rub. It'll be worth it.

Trust me - I know a doctor!