Michelin PS2 rears getting rare?

Ekona

I've only got about 1.5mm left above the wear markers on my PS2s on the rear, and since I've a track day coming up I thought it best to purchase a couple more in preparation for killing the current ones off. Now it might just be me and my Google-fu letting me down, but I've only found one place on the interwebs that's actually got any 245/45/18 listed, much less in stock! Okay, so there are plenty on eBay (but I personally wouldn't be happy buying tyres from there anyway), and I haven't tried my local tyre fitters as they're usually very expensive on these, but I'm sure there used to be loads of places that sold these. Are Michelin winding down that size, or do I just fail at tyre finding?

It'd be a shame if it's the former as these are the greatest tyres I've ever had, and they suit the Zed so very well :(

245/45 are more expensive than 245/40 as well... i am on my 3rd set of ps2s...which is on the way out as well...

the tyre shop guy said smth about back order the other day for the 45s but i didnt pay much attention tbh....just told him to go for the 40s all round again. never had issues with the 40s...and i remember Phil saying its ok as well...the speedo is 7mph off at 80mph according to the road angel and about 3-4 at 50 tho...

but even the price of the 45s is frustrating...especially when you are doing track day work...

if you find any 45s let me know about the price....good luck :thumbs:

Have you tried the tyre traders on our Forum?

Just as an idea do you have a Costco Trade Card? In Bristol they have a tyre bay and are very competitively priced. The technicians are Michelin trained and they stock a complete range of Michelin Tyres. Maybe they have one down your way. Just an idea :teeth:

Have you tried the tyre traders on our Forum?

Just as an idea do you have a Costco Trade Card? In Bristol they have a tyre bay and are very competitively priced. The technicians are Michelin trained and they stock a complete range of Michelin Tyres. Maybe they have one down your way. Just an idea :teeth:

Rear rims and who else? :blush:

I've only got about 1.5mm left above the wear markers on my PS2s on the rear, and since I've a track day coming up I thought it best to purchase a couple more in preparation for killing the current ones off. Now it might just be me and my Google-fu letting me down, but I've only found one place on the interwebs that's actually got any 245/45/18 listed, much less in stock! Okay, so there are plenty on eBay (but I personally wouldn't be happy buying tyres from there anyway), and I haven't tried my local tyre fitters as they're usually very expensive on these, but I'm sure there used to be loads of places that sold these. Are Michelin winding down that size, or do I just fail at tyre finding?

It'd be a shame if it's the former as these are the greatest tyres I've ever had, and they suit the Zed so very well :(

If you are still looking for the PS2's, give me a shout, as I can get hold of these for you.

Kings