Burton Custom Snowboard

srobrien

Hi, I am selling my 2008 Burton Custom snowboard (154), reason being I bought it in the summer and never looked at it till winter, it wasn't till then I realised they had sent the wrong size. Too late to send it back I have only ever used it on the hills ONCE and I was way too big for it.

Let me give you some info on the Custom boards:

Spec:

Core: Negative Core Profile

Super Fly II Core

Dualzone EGD

Glass: Triax Response Fiberglass

Carbon I-Beam

Base: Sintered WFO Vision Base

Shape: Directional

Tuning: Infinite Ride

Sidewalls: 10:45 Sidewalls

"The Burton Custom Snowboard 2008—the legend just keeps getting better. No other board in history has had more influence on the progression of modern-day freestyle than the Burton Custom. With Mads Jonsson, Heikki Sorsa, and Mason Aguirre at the controls, freestyle’s future has never been brighter. With an easy-to-throw-around, twin-like shape and graphics so fresh and so clean (clean) it’s filthy, the Burton Custom kills it from the halfpipe to the piste. As the shred crew continues to explore the outer limits of what’s considered possible on a snowboard, the design crew continues to explore the outer limits of what’s possible for the Burton Custom Snowboard."

Basically its the Bently in the Burton range and cost upwards of £400 brand new.

This would be perfect for a smaller male or a girl, even if you were to buy this as a starter board it is a HELL of a lot of board for the money.

On the base you can see there are 2 long scratches, just to inform you they are only wax deep so the board is pretty much flawless.

I haven't put her up on ebay yet I thought I would offer it here first.

I am looking for £160 delivered, this doesn't include the C60 bindings by the way, they are ALL mine :evil:

R

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

Probably too small if you are a beginner your better with an all mountain (freeride) board.

R

ahh :thumbs: cheers mate :)

John

If your serious about boarding theres a great shop near me (Lifestyle in Heanor, Derbyshire) run by a snowboarder...

He spends loads of time with you and makes sure you get the right board bindings and boots etc...

When I bought my first pair of boots I was in the shop for 3 hours, I tried about 12 pairs on until we were both happy with what I got, and they were one of the cheapest pairs too (32's).

I would defo recommend this shop too any newbie Snowboarder otherwise if you buy off the net without advice you will prob end up with something thats not right.... If your boarding in 3 countries in a week like I did this year then you need to be comfortable to cover a lot of miles

Your best bet is a visit to the Snowdome in Tamworth... You can hire the gear there. Have a lesson and if you like it then start buying stuff

http://www.snowdome.co.uk/

:thumbs:

He spends loads of time with you and makes sure you get the right board bindings and boots etc...

When I bought my first pair of boots I was in the shop for 3 hours, I tried about 12 pairs on until we were both happy with what I got, and they were one of the cheapest pairs too (32's).

Great comment. IMO THE biggest piece of advice if you are going to buy kit is for boots try EVERYTHING on and go for what feels best.

I would not recommend buying till you have tried it but once you want to buy the kit just get what feels right. Ignore what they look like because when your feet are killing you at the top of the mountain you won't give a toss what they look like. Also if the ones that fit best are £50 more go for them. £50 across a few holidays is nothing and you only need to have one or two bad days and you've lost £50 in holiday.

Just about to pay off our group holiday in a couple weeks. Got 17 of us going this time. Hopefully get another last minute one in March some time. Going to be a come down going back to europe after Whislter but hey ho.

I wear 32's as well they are by FAR the comfiest boot for the money.

R

Great comment. IMO THE biggest piece of advice if you are going to buy kit is for boots try EVERYTHING on and go for what feels best.

I would not recommend buying till you have tried it but once you want to buy the kit just get what feels right. Ignore what they look like because when your feet are killing you at the top of the mountain you won't give a toss what they look like. Also if the ones that fit best are £50 more go for them. £50 across a few holidays is nothing and you only need to have one or two bad days and you've lost £50 in holiday.

Just about to pay off our group holiday in a couple weeks. Got 17 of us going this time. Hopefully get another last minute one in March some time. Going to be a come down going back to europe after Whislter but hey ho.

Im struggling to get a decent break this year due to personal circumstances so prob just gonna get a late season weekend break prob Tignes or somewhere similar... Not been to Whistler, heard mixed reports. Some say awesome and some say its good but Apre Ski is crap.... I'd like to try for myself tho, im getting to the point when ive been on the slopes all day where im so knackered I just want a nice meal, a couple of pints and then bed

. Not been to Whistler, heard mixed reports. Some say awesome and some say its good but Apre Ski is crap..

Apre is not awesome but still god few pubs/bars around. Clubs god knows. I'm there to play in the powder :). I really enjoyed it, the fact I have been a few times helps also with my cousin who was there for a season meant he knew where we could drop off and were safe and able to get back to resort etc. Can be busy but last season in march was not too bad. The design is also very clever that there are easy and hard ways down from most places. Also the queues for lifts are sooo much better than europe.

Would go there over europe any day of the week (except while the Olympics is there) Tignes/Val D would be my next fav resort tho. 2ft of powder overnight in April a couple years ago was insane.

. Not been to Whistler, heard mixed reports. Some say awesome and some say its good but Apre Ski is crap..

Apre is not awesome but still god few pubs/bars around. Clubs god knows. I'm there to play in the powder :). I really enjoyed it, the fact I have been a few times helps also with my cousin who was there for a season meant he knew where we could drop off and were safe and able to get back to resort etc. Can be busy but last season in march was not too bad. The design is also very clever that there are easy and hard ways down from most places. Also the queues for lifts are sooo much better than europe.

Would go there over europe any day of the week (except while the Olympics is there) Tignes/Val D would be my next fav resort tho. 2ft of powder overnight in April a couple years ago was insane.

Yeah really like Tignes & Val des, also a big fan of Les Menuires... had a wicked time there this year. Val thorens is ok they have got a park there but when I went it was a total White out so didnt get to have much of a play on it...

Im defo gonna give Whistler a go in the next few seasons, I hate all the queuing. I reckon im gonna try for a weekend in Scotland 'Abbeymore' if I can this season, not sure what its like but I want to be close to home.