Computer fault, any ideas?before It goes though the window

lomoto

Right chaps .. I can see you lot know everything there is to know about these blessed contraptions :) Whats the best computer to buy at this moment?.. you know megathingys etc. bite sizes :blush: I could do with one that will copy DVd,s CD,s etc... and a nice big flat screen instead of the one I,m looking at now that stands 3 feet from the wall its that deep ;)

Im actually looking at replacing my desktop PC with a laptop.

Flavour of the month for me is an Acer Ferrari. There are probably better laptops for the money, but I just love the design.

Not bothered to much about a laptop,as I dont move about much :teeth:

Right chaps .. I can see you lot know everything there is to know about these blessed contraptions :) Whats the best computer to buy at this moment?.. you know megathingys etc. bite sizes :blush: I could do with one that will copy DVd,s CD,s etc... and a nice big flat screen instead of the one I,m looking at now that stands 3 feet from the wall its that deep ;)

I recently bought phillips ls1600.... nice n sleek looking pc :teeth:

how much? :)

£900 m8t over the tinternet with pc world ;)

Jesus Liam thats dear , I thought computers were getting cheaper , I was budgeting on £300 MAX :blush:

Im actually looking at replacing my desktop PC with a laptop.

Flavour of the month for me is an Acer Ferrari. There are probably better laptops for the money, but I just love the design.

Not bothered to much about a laptop,as I dont move about much :teeth:

:wheelchair:

Jesus Liam thats dear , I thought computers were getting cheaper , I was budgeting on £300 MAX :blush:

yeah you can get a half decent one for about £450 but you'll be lucky if it has cd/ dvd writer/ plus good memory :blush: Put it this way my pc doesn't even have a floppy disk drive anymore all bluetooth and usb :thumbs:

yeah you can get a half decent one for about £450 but you'll be lucky if it has cd/ dvd writer/ plus good memory :blush: Put it this way my pc doesn't even have a floppy disk drive anymore all bluetooth and usb :thumbs:

I think anything I get now will be an improvement :thumbs: I suppose a good analolgy would be replacing Bridgestone tyres with anything else :teeth:

Tim,

I get a lot of our office stuff from these guys: (they are in the same office complex as myself)

www.aocomputers.co.uk

They do some basic systems that will be fine for most needs, unless its heavy graphic work or game playing.

They built me a pentium 3.2 server, with 2GB of DDR, and 4 200GB serial ATA drives for about £600+ VAT.

You can also pick and choose what bits you want or what you dont.

Very friendly folk, and they have a walk in shop at the office if you want to collect/visit.

The expensive bit will be the TFT screen though. They start at around £100+ on their own.

Tim,

I get a lot of our office stuff from these guys: (they are in the same office complex as myself)

www.aocomputers.co.uk

They do some basic systems that will be fine for most needs, unless its heavy graphic work or game playing.

They built me a pentium 3.2 server, with 2GB of DDR, and 4 200GB serial ATA drives for about £600+ VAT.

Very friendly folk, and they have a walk in shop at the office if you want to collect/visit.

The expensive bit will be the TFT screen though. They start at around £100+ on their own.

I can vouch for AO Computers. I've been using them for 5-6 years now. We have bought around 500-600 computers from then during that time and am about to order another 168 this week.

I'll let Oliver (the O in AO) know that he's had a mention on here and see if he can do anything for you. Small world after all......

Tim,

www.aocomputers.co.uk

I can vouch for AO Computers. I've been using them for 5-6 years now. We have bought around 500-600 computers from then during that time and am about to order another 168 this week.

I'll let Oliver (the O in AO) know that he's had a mention on here and see if he can do anything for you. Small world after all......

Cool :thumbs: thanks for that nothing like a bit of networking, not to sure he will be impressed with an order for one cheapo computer though after your mega buy :blush:

If you really only want to spen around £400, Dell is one option, there customer service sucks, but you can get a PC with flat screen for around that and its not bad for what you get.

I build custom PC's for peeps from time to time, Below is a water cooled beasty i built for gaming and music mixing and video editting. Its got dual processor and 2 X graphics cards (SLI), plenty of memory to boot (forgive the pun ;) )

I treat them like a car, so lots of shiney things lol, i.e:

Bradied all the cables up

Close%20UP%20PSU.jpg

Ugraded the water pump from this

dd_d5_200.jpg

with this

Pump_During.jpg

to this

Pump_After_Top.jpg

Coated the insdie of the massive case with black chrome

BlackChrome2.jpg

Hid all the cables so all you see in side pretty much is this

Cabling.jpg

with a little red back lighting under the motherboard ;)

Setting_Lighting_up.jpg

Put the plumbing and radiator in

Plumbing3.jpg

Radiator.jpg

Then all fired up and running with a little neon and UV pigment in the coolant B)

Lights1.jpg

Lights2.jpg

I build my own too, not quite a sbling as the one above, but very expensive parts and a nice 24 inch dell flat panel. We will soon have a custom pc section on here :D

Thats the same case i built my beastie in :), looks a nice setup mate :)

Lomota Watercooled (well i use fliuid XP which you could poor into a TV set and it would keep running, its nonconductive) is just the tip of the iceberg, some of the phase cooled and liquid nitro are just :wacko:

Andy

yup i build me own too, very easy once you know how :teeth:

lomoto, if all you need a pc for is going on the internet, typing and printing etc etc

then a pc of approx £400 should be fine, think dell was doing some very good deals :)

if you see some deals you like,post them on here and we'll see if your on the right track :)

Sounds like the answer lies in option 1.

Option 1: Sling it out of the window!! :wacko: (6 years, blimey what u running on there Windows 3.1 :teeth:

DOS !

I'll tell you what system its running now , Concrete , the bloody thing crashed again and even Chris's F8 button wheeze didnt work this time .. so I threw it out the window...Got to get a computer today :blush: