P3 due - 07 plate 36k done

waynehardy

I'm sure this questions has been asked a billion times so apologies for repeating it but my P3 is due and im trying to ascertain what kind of prices I should be looking at and what will need replacing or doing...(complete noob)

I rang Nissan in Derby and they quoted me £270 (is that good?)

an independant garage, also in Derby, quoted me £170..

if i go with the independant, will that invalidate my warranty which expires next year?

ps what kind of circumstances does the paint warranty cover? i assume corrosion and defects but

stupidly i used a brush at the jet wash, not knowing the paint was so thin, and i have a few scratches and a small crack where the tube from the brush clattered the car...

Finally, some tosser scraped her whilst i was parked up and has left a dent in my right rear wheel arch...any recommendations for garages in Derby who could sort that cheaply would be appreciated!

cheers

you are right it has been asked a billion times before, alot of your answers will be in the servicing section. i just posted up in there a week ago with p3 details that i just had.

to give you a helping hand.

i paid £330 roughly for mine, including the consumables i supplied myself. but mine was done at an independant garage who build and race touring cars. it costs a bit more than some places but i know they do a good job and they know what they are doing and do it well.

personally i go independent as nissan garages tend to be rubbish. if you have a search there is a list of good sealerships and ones to avoid.

envy website sevice section will give you an idea of parts.

average prices range from around £250-£450 depending on location etc.

if your near london i would reccomend DMS or Abbey motorsports. there are other independent garages on here around the country that others use. have a search,

i use TEAM AFM near ipswich.