Got a service coming up...Just 2 questions...

andrewsin

Hi everyone,

Got a service coming up, should be just a oil and filter change as a P3 was done 6000 miles ago. I still got some Mobil Fully Synthetic 5w-40 in my garage, is this any difference if i was to buy Mobil Fully Synthetic 5w-30 or Silkolene Pro-s 5w-30 or 5w-40. Also which oil filter is good?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Got a service coming up, should be just a oil and filter change as a P3 was done 6000 miles ago. I still got some Mobil Fully Synthetic 5w-40 in my garage, is this any difference if i was to buy Mobil Fully Synthetic 5w-30 or Silkolene Pro-s 5w-30 or 5w-40. Also which oil filter is good?

Thanks

Stick with 5W-30 mate and the Genuine Nissan oil filter, part # 15208-9F600 :thumbs:

Alex

I will prob buy a oil filter from nissan unless the price isnt too much difference to the nismo one. As for oil i always just purchase off opie oils but just considering which oil. Will most probably be getting 5w-30 now but just the brand Mobil Fully Synthetic or Silkolene Pro-s. Thanks guys.

i use royal purple 5w30

but if your choices are mobil or silkolene then i'd probably go for the silkolene, just as its used alot by members on here.

as for the oil filter the nsimo is expensive, and gaz reckoned that the PE one was better and cheaper in comparison.