Zed wont start !!!!!!!

Vale

Hi peeps, got in car this morn and "click click click click" she wont engage starter motor :headhurt:

Got AA coming out so al keep you informed of what is causing this.

Any other ideas are worth a listen, cheers peeps.

Vale :console:

Thanks for replies peeps :thumbs: Battery appears to be fine although its hard to tell under load, cd plays and all the lights on the daxh are bright !

Cant rock her as she is pointing down hill hahaha an our lass aint strong enough :lol:

Easy test for the battery is to put the headlights on and try cranking - if its dead then the headlights will almost go out completely - obviously you need someone to look at them while you try it :lol:

Or check the reflections if there is a car or something in front of it. ;)

All i get with lights on or off is a rapid clicking noise like the starter motor is stuck or wants ot engage but cant !

AA will be here soon so i will let you know the verdict.....

I have only had her 2 weeks and 2 days boo hoo :(

All i get with lights on or off is a rapid clicking noise like the starter motor is stuck or wants ot engage but cant !

Rapid clicking happens when the battery is dead. Check the lights when cranking. Interior stuff can still come on when the battery is low.

It sounds like the starter is stuck...,but it takes hardly any power to run the CD and a lot more think on to turn that big motoor and all those pistons mate.....

:D

Sounds like a duff battery to me, if you get a new one or the old one recharged it may well be worth doing an ecu reset too. ;)

How longs this AA guy gunna take to get there....

We all now need to know what the prob was.....

Battery. My vote... :thumbs:

How do you reset the ECU ..and why would you need too ?

OK, just tried everything again what you all suggest and now i dont get any clicking either, still cant rock the car but i think your right about the battery.

Only thing is now, if it is the battery :- is the alternater fubar or is it just a 5 year old battery coming to the end of its life ?

fingeres crossed its nothing too serious peeps.

Thanks so so much for all your feedback, feels brilliant to know you have spot on peeps looking out for ya :drunk:

Yer never can tell with battery's.. Some last years and other dont, They may be fine 1 day and the next bolloxed.. with no warning. 5 years is not bad and it depends on the life its had... Stop,start,stop start is bad and longer runs better for it. If it is the battery get a good 1 with a good warrenty and shop around... Getting a cheap 1 will bite you in the bum and its false economy.... :teeth:

this happened to mine a few months back (during the wales drive out :blush: )

ended up being the starter motor solinoid - i new it wasnt the battery as i have fitted a HUGE red top to mine due to the soundsystem

good luck :thumbs:

Top be honest once a car battery has gone flat that badly you need to replace it. It may last a few more months once charged but it WILL give up on you again soon - especially now the days are shorted/colder and you're driving around with headlights/heater/rear demister etc running most of the time...

5 years is pretty good life for a car battery so don't be too disappointed :)

edit: check this post out viewtopic.php?p=398485#p398485

Hahaha 5 yrs eh, well it might be 5 feckin years before AA get here too :lol: still no sign :dry:

Just incase, if it is the battery the AA will probably want to sell me one, they usually have ones with 2 year garantees. If this is indeed the battery should i get my own or just go with the AA one ?

If buying one for myself is better.....which one ?

Cheers peeps.

Err... Just thought, you said you were on a hill, Could you not bump start it (In 2nd) and then see if it shakes the starter loose and once its started park it back up and turn it off and see if it starts again... :bangin:

I suppose its like the Z version of "Emergency repair procedure No:1" a bit like thumpin yer telly. :blush:

Hahahaha maybe i am a six foot blonde !! not.

Anyhow they have been and it is my battery :yahoo: so, i am off to halfords to get a calcium one fitted, £85 with a 4 yr warranty.

Only propbelm is, the guy at halfords doesnt know if it will effect any of the alarm system etc, i am aware that the radio channels will be lost and my bluetooth will need recoding but is it ok for halfords to swap it ?

Cheers peeps