Was the caravan fire in Top Gear real?

Digsy

Was the caravan fire in Top Gear real or faked?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Was the caravan fire in Top Gear real or faked?

• Real
    • Fake

It really annoys me that they went out to take the rip out of caravan owners. They went to an adult only site, (no kids or ball games), then put Jezza the tallest on the kids bunk, why not put hamster there etc. etc. They are so full of them selves, so rich they can afford hotels etc. I had many year enjoyment out of a caravan when my kids were younger and it was all I could afford.

Anyway, that's my ranting done with.

Defo fake, tehy way the reversed accidentally into a caravan with no one in then set fire to it accidentally. Must think we are all stupid.

Let's have more fast car's going quick, that's what I watch for..

You can view all the episodes from this season here http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/?id=top_gear

Including the oscar worthy caravan fire performance. :thumbs:

Jeremy clarkson is a bit of a knob , i dont like the way he twists fact and exagerates them beyond the truth, like when he said in the episode on sunday that the quick vectra was quicker than an M5 at a 1/3 of the price. The top spped of the vectra was 161mph , M5 limited to 155mph but perfectly capable of 190mph+, and he knows this ! --dick :thumbdown:

Their is less and less about cars on that show and more stupid stunts like the caravan one. I couldnt give two f***s about caravans or setting them on fire. Only about 20 minutes of that show is actually about cars now.

I also think seeing 'celebs' driving round a track in crap car also very tedious.

Used to be a good show.

Defo a fake fire and running over of the other camping stuff but I reckon the driving into the bollard may have been for real....

Agree that only a small part of the show is worth watching for the cars and the star in a crap car part is a waste of time but I still chuckle at their antics ( and that is what they are ) now and again.

Hey the Mrs will watch it and the other option is some crappy housewife program.... :scare:

I agree - a useless star in a mediocre car is not much fun for the viewer.

The caravan piece was stupid really, but also very funny in places - I mean can James May actually be that useless at driving. :wacko: Very unfair to caravanners - I had some great hols in mine years ago, when the kids were small and we couldn't afford anything else.

Clarkson is a complete opinionated arse, but also very watchable as he is so not PC - the others are just foils for him and his daft antics

A guy on Radio 1 yesterday thought the caravan fire was real! :wacko:

Anyway, it's easy to bash Clarkson (yep, I noticed the distorting of the truth with the Vectra's top speed) but at the end of the day it's all pantomime. It's not meant to be taken to seriously, and old pube-head would be pissing himself laughing to think it was. He's struck on a winning formula (to be controversial for controversial's sake) which has made him a fortune and will no doubt play on it until everyone gets sick of him and the cheques stop rolling in. If that means that he takes a few liberties with the truth then so what. (I might feel differently if I was running Vauxhall!)

Basically, whilst I would rather watch a more focussed car programme, TG is still head and shoulders above all the others (Fifth Gear makes me cringe and Pulling Power ran an article about buying £100 of car stuff from Poundland to put in a Kia Picanto - now that's entertainment! :yawn: ). It also means that those people who aren't petrol-heads can watch and enjoy and maybe be a little more enlightened by cars.

Just my two-penneth.........

Fifth gear can be just as bad.

I watched it last night waiting for the article about the two pick ups, as I am very interested in them (although the tax break is less now its still worth it).

Only to be left with a two minute article about how the navara comes with a tent and is five seconds quicker racing it round a quarry. Woop de doo.. what a waste of time.

And what was the point in hving that fat ginger bloater in the lambo racing around. That was just a pointless 10 minutes.

Another thing I cant stand in fifth gear is the stupid car giveaways and the pathetic questions they ask. What a blatant "we need more funds so phone these £1 a go lines" situation that is.

And what was with the first words out of the other guys mouth when reviewing the 911 turbo.

"I have a vested interest in the outcome of this review, as I have already put my order in".

Closely followed by "These cars cost a whopping 106 grand".

Then at the end "I certainly wont be cancelling my order".

Arrogant prick.

Some may consider Clarkson to be arrogant, but I dont think he mentioned the cost of the Ford GT in the same sentence as "Ive ordered one".

I've gotta be honest, I consider Clarkson to be incredibly funny. True he can be arrogant and a bit of a prick. But I certainly don't take him to be a genius of motoring knowledge or to have good car taste (or any taste for that matter) but I feel as long as you bear these things in mind he is entertaining and surely that is one of the reasons for the programme - to be entertainment.

I think we'd all like to change things in the programme but at the end of the day they're obviously trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and quite frankly unless a car programme was done by a true complete petrol head its never really gonna have us all raving about it is it?

I've gotta be honest, I consider Clarkson to be incredibly funny. True he can be arrogant and a bit of a prick. But I certainly don't take him to be a genius of motoring knowledge or to have good car taste (or any taste for that matter) but I feel as long as you bear these things in mind he is entertaining and surely that is one of the reasons for the programme - to be entertainment.

I think we'd all like to change things in the programme but at the end of the day they're obviously trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible and quite frankly unless a car programme was done by a true complete petrol head its never really gonna have us all raving about it is it?

Totally agree, he's an arse, he's arrogant and that's why I watch him

If I want reviews and product detail I go online..

Regarding the "accident".... It was interesting to note that when the camera panned round the two offside wheels of the tow car were on the grass verge at the front of the garage forecourt. Still, its only license payers money...