ADVICE please CF sheet from Richbrook

alessandro

I have seen those on caraudiosecurity.com

Woven CF sheet from Richbrook with 3M adhesive at the back

24cmx38cm £ 16.99

38cmx48cm £ 31.99

48cmx76cm £ 59.99

Does anyone know this product and can give me any feedback.

I was thinking to use it on the doors were the windows switches are and maybe to cover the bottom of the centre console were the gear srtick is, ( I already have the top centre console in CF but it's not a sheet ).

I'm looking for an RSW (like Envy stuff ) finish type of style.

Stay clear or buy?

Nothing like it mate! IIRC its got a raised finnish, where as the RSW is flat... Its also probaby a different weeve and wont be a great colour match..

Even though it says its flexible its hard to get a decent finnish and to get it to mould with out it "pinching" it will go over a right angle but you also have a curve to contend with... If you want to get the same finish, then you may want to consider a carbon DIY kit, but I would get a replacement centre console to practice on...

Or alterantivly if you want the same material all the way through, have a look for a post by Paul (P15ULT) as he did some moulding with a carbon type weeve material that seemed pretty flexible and may work on the centre console and then sell on the part you have...

You could just buy a piece from richbrook and find out, if its not right then just use it for another place in the car or chuck it (or save the money your going to spend on the bits and put it towards the bit from Envy!)

HOLD ON A SECOND YOU.............

I NEVER MET YOU BEFORE...............................

And you know what I'm thinking, how do you do it ;)

Guess you've been around for a while........

Well I have been thinking on the best way to finish my plan and will follow your advice, I'll save up and buy the gater sorruonding from Envy ( still looking for the back bit where the handbrake is, I would really want an RSW finish there too, will check the post from Paul )

I spent £16 at Richbrook as a trial and now thinking to use it to cover the whole panel behind the seats.( if is any good )

Was it you that made the B pillars with the DIY kit? (I'm not good on DIY so not sure)

HOLD ON A SECOND YOU.............

I NEVER MET YOU BEFORE...............................

And you know what I'm thinking, how do you do it ;)

Guess you've been around for a while........

Well I have been thinking on the best way to finish my plan and will follow your advice, I'll save up and buy the gater sorruonding from Envy ( still looking for the back bit where the handbrake is, I would really want an RSW finish there too, will check the post from Paul )

I spent £16 at Richbrook as a trial and now thinking to use it to cover the whole panel behind the seats.( if is any good )

Was it you that made the B pillars with the DIY kit? (I'm not good on DIY so not sure)

Lol!! Yeh I been around for a bit...

The bit on the hanbrake you will struggle with, there were a few available on my350z at one point.. Was looking myself but decided it was too much as I have quite a few bits of CF in the cabin so have just retrimmed most of it myself in alcantara.. still need to finnish off the bit near the handbrake but waiting till my moms sewing machine is free!!

If your thinking of covering the speakers behind the seats then I think you may struggle there too bud... too may angles and curves to get without pinching up... If you really want to do it, and its not going to be cheap, there are a few people on her that have been doing carbon mouldings.. you could try them and see what they will charge?

No, it was Ian that learned the hard way with the pillars!

Your welcome mate :thumbs: And feel free to drop me a PM if you need any quick answers!

i did the carbon wrapped b pillars and rear strut brace, got the kit from carbon mods,

its not easy by a long shot and i'm a technical person, if your not technically minded i wouldn't even try.

or if your set on it; then i suggest a spare interior parts to work on.