Just Test Drove a 997 C2S.....sorry but not impressed

Kev946

Sorry - just catching up on this post - but i ahve to say that when i was looking recently at which sports car to get i did look at the Porsches - one of my neighbours has a Cockster (as Clarckston call it) and it does look nice and does tick a few boxes. But when i was in the local showroom i didn't even get a 'hello'. They didn't even recognise that my molecules had ever existed in the space time continuum. I know i was realistically going to be getting a second-hand Boxster for the money i was willing to spend but they certainly didn't know that - just because i'm not an ageing business man in a pin-stripe. Got a severe chip on my shoulder about that .. that's another story though.

So the long and the short of it was that i spoke to a v nice chap in my local Nissan dealership and now i'm in the waiting queue for my Z that's turning up hopefully quicker than i think .. :teeth::DB):yahoo:

Porsche has SERIOUSLY gone down in my estimation - if i could ever afford a top end one i would still rather spend my money elsewhere. I mean it's not as if they have any exclusivity on quality sports cars.

Sorry - just catching up on this post - but i ahve to say that when i was looking recently at which sports car to get i did look at the Porsches - one of my neighbours has a Cockster (as Clarckston call it) and it does look nice and does tick a few boxes. But when i was in the local showroom i didn't even get a 'hello'. They didn't even recognise that my molecules had ever existed in the space time continuum. I know i was realistically going to be getting a second-hand Boxster for the money i was willing to spend but they certainly didn't know that - just because i'm not an ageing business man in a pin-stripe. Got a severe chip on my shoulder about that .. that's another story though.

So the long and the short of it was that i spoke to a v nice chap in my local Nissan dealership and now i'm in the waiting queue for my Z that's turning up hopefully quicker than i think .. :teeth::DB):yahoo:

Porsche has SERIOUSLY gone down in my estimation - if i could ever afford a top end one i would still rather spend my money elsewhere. I mean it's not as if they have any exclusivity on quality sports cars.

Porsche dealers acting like that is wrong but the fact that my Nissan salesman had a similar attitude stinks. :thumbdown: