Second hand exhaust

cookiemonster

mick go speak to Team AFM at martlesham, they'll weld a new one and fit it for you at the same time, they do tig welding, and they are one of the few places in the area that do, prices aren't bad, and they always do a top job.

better to get it swapped out at the time of fitting as they can do it better, if they try and do it to a loose pipe i.e. not on the car, can't guarantee getting it straight.

thought you needed flexi's... B)

Why don't you price up a full custom exhaust from a reputable garage? (thats done it before) cheaper and 'better' I'd say since it's not massproduced to make a quick buck... Here is a photo of mine that I got done Monday:

2009-09-22%2013.52.19.jpg

Not sure about quality yet but will keep the exhaust thread 'busy' with anything that might crop up!

:thumbs:

is that true dual, or do the gases mix n the centre silencer?

Thats a true dual, the gas mix in the centre so there is on need for a pipe between the two pipes for equalize of pressure :teeth:

Below is an example of the borla true dual exaust note the pipe between the two pipes (red circle)

140045.jpg

My understanding is that true dual means that there is no single piping along the way from the cats... :dummy:

The weave as far as im aware holds the pipe together. It gives structural rigidity, whilst allowing the pipe to bend.

My Nismo weave was worn through, and it started to blow at the joint shortly after.

i'd get it looked at before you fit it.

+1 happened to me on my flex joint, it's only 50-60£ to replace so do that 1st before fitting.

i've got the invidia true dual, so know how it works, but wasn't 100% sure if the silence in the middle had a double interior i.e. the gases were seperate or just a single chamber i.e gases mix.

from what yuo've said it must mean its not a true dual.

still a nice system though :thumbs:

i've got the invidia true dual, so know how it works, but wasn't 100% sure if the silence in the middle had a double interior i.e. the gases were seperate or just a single chamber i.e gases mix.

from what yuo've said it must mean its not a true dual.

still a nice system though :thumbs:

:headhurt: hmm the silencer has two 'canals' but sharing the same baffle material if that clarifies it.

Sorry for thread stealing.... :dance: