Two days of work on a Shogun (pic heavy)

Emperor Ming

Just spent two days sorting out my mates Shogun.

When it turned up I thought it was black LOL

Turns out its a nice metallic blue.

Outside. Pressure rinse, snow foam(cherry), pressure rinse, wash (meguirs shampoo), rinse, clay bar, wash (meguirs), pressure rinse, sonus no3 with the porter cable polisher, lots of buffing, hand polished with autoglym (i know its not flavour of the month but I like it and on a good surface it comes up well) P21 Carnuba wax to finish (again by hand)

All exterior trim with meguirs tyre shine on a cloth by hand.

Inside lots and lots of vaccuuming and time with my little detailing tool. Auto glym vinyl treatment.

All leather cleaned (auotglym leather cleaner) and then treated (Autoglym leather treatment cream.)

Just short of 14 hrs work and 30 cups of tea!!

here's a few pics to show the results of my efforts.

As I got her

DSCF2921.jpg

DSCF2931.jpg

DSCF2912.jpg

cleaning her

DSCF2941.jpg

My new tool for little nook and crannies

DSCF2933.jpg

after 1st proper wash

DSCF2946.jpg

DSCF2944.jpg

And some shiney stuff

DSCF2950.jpg

DSCF2952.jpg

my favourite

DSCF2953.jpg

a couple more

DSCF2956.jpg

DSCF2957.jpg

DSCF2959.jpg

DSCF2961.jpg

Ming the tired

nice!!!!! what sort of compund/pad mix did u use?!?!? god dayum i need that dyson tool. where to get it from!?!?!?

ho the confused

sonus 3 compound with a yellow sonus pad and worked the polish hard at 4500 rpm. Then sped it up to 6000 when the polish turned and then cloth polished the residue.

The paint corrected quite well and as such I hand applied autoglym and the carnuba wax.

That little tool came from ebay with a few other little attachments and plugs into any hoover mate. :thumbs:

£9:99 if my memory serves me correctly and great for air vents and those annoying little bits by the seatbelts and chair sides that you cant get to.

saw the shogun again today and although a little dusty it still looked good next to all the other vehicles.

My mate has a 5 litre 7 series BMW and I soooooooo want to do his car. It would look a million dollars if done properly :D as opposed to looking like a skip refugee.

LOL

Ming the Shineyman