Drop in power when driving hard and changing gear?

BOROBUTTY

The zed is fine when driven normally but when accelerating hard and switching from 2nd to 3rd I get a power drop just after switching and pushing the go pedal down?

It seems that the revs just go right down for about 0.5 -1 sec then it kicks in and is fine!

Any ideas what it could be??

I've had this happen a few times between 1st and 2nd gear when I've been flooring it ...

It's traction control and I wouldn't worry about it .... If you do look at the dash then the light will flash very quickly ...

I wouldn't advise looking at the dash yourself ... take a friend along for the ride .. LoL :drive1

If it is the traction control kicking in, this can be minimised depending on what tyres you're running. Both with the Eagle F1 GS-D3's and the Yokohama V103's running on my Zed now, have to push the Zed incredibly on uneven or extremely wet road before the TCS with kick into life. Check your tyres, pressure, and what tyres are you running. When I had the stock Bridgestones on, TCS would light up alll the time.

I don't know about you but I tend to keep my eyes on the road while driving ... especially when there's a loss of traction ... LoL

Who said taking your eyes off the road. Peripheral vision is a great thing :thumbs:

In my experience the TC light tends to come on more when the car detects a sideways slip/skid. I can still feel the power drop in a straight loss of traction but don't see the dash light come on as frequently. :blush:

Strangely, my TC wont kick in if you manage to spin the wheels in a dead straight line. We had a discussion about it a few months back and I could swear it did, but with no light as you experience, but when I tried it out, it lets the wheels spin up with not TC intervention. Maybe if the OP is doing it in a dead straight line, the loss of power is actually a loss of traction, but as its in a straight line, the TC doesnt kick in? Could explain it :)