niggles

jaysagood

Hi all,

quick update after having the zed a few weeks now...have to say im well impressed..ok hasnt got the speed or quality of the M3 but is alot more fun and i think actually handles ALOT better.

Anyway have a few niggles that need addressing so any help much appreciated:

1. there is a strange intermittent clicking type noise coming from the dash area sometimes which gets faster as the revs rise, very strange and extremely irritating!

2. abit creaky at the back sometimes

3. squeaky brakes all the time at slow speeds!!!

think thats it for now....

cheers :thumbs:

Hi,

I'm not sure about point 1.

The rear hatch ossacionally creaks a bit on mine. I just put it down to the fact that it is quite large, and just behind you.

Regarding the brakes, assuming you have not worn them down to the metal, which would cause a loud squeak, try giving 'em a bit of stick. that sometimes clears squeaks

have done a few searchs but cant find anything specific to the rattling/clicking behind the dash problem...

anyone got any pointers on this one as this is the most annoying of the lot??

Also have tried the heavy braking method to get rid of the squeal but nothing..any more ideas?

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Your dash 'clicking' noise might be covered by this:

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/TSB_02-1 ... And_Rattle

...but as Mike says if you make a few searches you should find other references - the brakes issue is sometimes to do with the shims needing some high-melting point grease, but it might be to do with the type of pads installed and whether they have been bedded-in correctly.

None of you niggles sound serious though so sometimes just a bit patient searching will get the answers, failing which a visit to one of the traders who advertize on here might help solve things, or better still someone on here recognizes your symptons exactly and pops up with a difinitive answer :thumbs: